My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Freeview or YouView ?

(3 posts)
  1. fergiet

fergiet

Not sure if I posted this in the correct place ?

My reconditioned 1800T freeview box is going back to Humax. Not sure if I should get the same again or go for a YouView T2000?
    Already have an Amazon FireTV so the streaming side is taken care of.

Just wondered which is best on a daily basis? Reliability/EPG/ease of use ?

Any suggestions/help welcome.

| Thu 3 Mar 2016 17:48:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Youview recorders can be reliable for some but terrible for others.

The Youview recorders don't have an option for padding or manual timers. An example of where this does not work is the Drama channel which has not signed up to Accurate Recording and just uses the billed time as a substitute. If you record the Drama channel you'll end up with most recordings truncated. Depending on which channels you watch/listen this may frequently disrupt your recordings or it may hardly ever be noticed.

The other aspect is that the youview boxes have no manual recording option. If you live near more than 2 transmitter the Humax may not tune correctly and you could end up with channels from a mix of transmitters. If this happens then you'll get programmes just not recording. The Huawei Youviews have not got this fault but they are slower.

Once a got my DTR-T2100 tuned to just 1 transmitter it has been rock solid, but sadly useless for a lot of my radio programmes as they do not use Accurate Recordings and my particular choice of programmes often run a bit later than advertised.

Did you need to manually tune either your 9150T or 9200T to make then reliable? If so then I would avoid Humax youview.

| Thu 3 Mar 2016 20:30:20 #2 |
  3. fergiet

fergiet

Thanks

| Sat 5 Mar 2016 15:44:29 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.