My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FREEVIEW PLAYER & HUMAX Apps

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dabyford

FVP 5000T loosing both Freeview Player Apps and Humax Apps and SERVER options each time mains power removed or FVP set to STDBY overnight. Only way of recovering found to be by selecting system FACTORY DEFAULT settings.
    A real pain when wanting to watch UKTV PLay etc.

Is there a simple cure to circumvent having to leave the FVP perminently on mains power??

| Fri 23 Nov 2018 15:13:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dabyford - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is there a simple cure to circumvent having to leave the FVP perminently on mains power??

What software version is the box using?

| Fri 23 Nov 2018 16:21:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dabyford

Software version: UKTFAE 1.03.45 as of 2nd Aug 2018. Also loader version: UKTFAE 1.06 if it helps.
    Got fail adept at going through the setup now, but a shortcut would be nice.

| Sat 24 Nov 2018 9:51:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philip

I had a similar problem on my FVP4000, loosing players and scroll back on the guide. Try using a fixed IP address in your router

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 7:28:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dabyford

Humax customer service suggestion worked. Simply plug FVP 5000T into power source and switch it on, THEN WAIT while the FVP automatically self checks, seeks a nominated broadband server and then loads the FREEVIEW PLAYER + HUMAX apps and a normal picture will then be displayed. If UKTV PLAYER has been previously registered, this too will accessibly via the 'F' button. If a broadband server is not available, one must be nominated and a password entered.
    Lesson learnt, let FVP sort itself out and do not fiddle.

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 15:35:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

billzebub2000

I've had this problem for the last two years. If you're using the WiFi, just log back into it. That usually sorts it out for me. Hope that helps.

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 16:06:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Since purchasing a FVP 5000T a few weeks ago I have this problem at all times. i.e. when selecting Players from the Freeview Play menu the main icons and Humax Apps are greyed out. Power off does not fix it. However I discovered that by re-booting the router (Draytek 2760) while the FVP is powered on and showing TV the problem is fixed. It takes about 3 minutes to reboot the router and re-establish internet connections. The FVP shows "network disconnected" - and eventually "network connected". One then waits for "watch from the start" (top right of the screen) and the correct internet players and Humax Apps display in the correct place (Freeview Play button) and can be used. Then - after standby - the problem reappears. I have no idea what is going on here or how the system works but I suspect there is a Humax portal involved. It maybe that by completely resetting network connections and clearing router caches (ARP, DNS, DHCP etc.) the correct behaviour is restored albeit temporarily. Interesting to know if this works for others. Also interesting if Humax view this forum and can comment.
    I should add that catch up TV appears to work correctly at all times and my network connection is solid. The same resolution works with SAGEM routers as supplied by BT, Plusnet etc.

| Wed 23 Jan 2019 14:27:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GrahamRHK - 3 minutes ago  » 
    However I discovered that by re-booting the router (Draytek 2760) while the FVP is powered on and showing TV the problem is fixed. It takes about 3 minutes to reboot the router and re-establish internet connections.

How is the FVP connected to the router?

Also interesting if Humax view this forum and can comment.

As far as I know they don't monitor any forum.

| Wed 23 Jan 2019 14:32:31 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Martin, the connection is wireless. I have tried wired ethernet through power line adapters but can't get it to work. I can connect to the router but not to the internet - I think because of an IP address conflict once wireless has been on. I haven't experimented with rebooting etc. as wireless connection meets my needs - apart from the problem in this thread.

| Wed 23 Jan 2019 18:03:42 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.