My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Freeview Retune 29th/30th June 2022

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wallaby

I'm having issues with last week's Freeview retune down here in the southwest (Caradon Hill). If I retune my T2 I get most channels as one would expect. I have difficulties with ITV+1 and Great! Movies that should appear on EPG slots 34 and 35 (according to most info I can find). If I retune from scratch (including a factory reset) that is what I get and I can view both channels. At some point later Great! Movies disappears and ITV+1 takes its place on the epg and no amount of retuning or restoring can get it back (short of a factory reset). I also have a couple of T2000s and they do not experience this problem and the channels stay in place. Of course BBC4 HD has appeared but without any programming (what's that all about?) and CBS Justice appears but with no programming (closed now I believe) and CBS Drama appears on 794 but just showing an announcement saying I should retune my box. I understand that this channel has been renamed Reality Xtra but with limited availabity (no idea if or how I should receive this. What is going on?

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 9:17:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Wallaby - 21 mins ago  » 
    I'm having issues with last week's Freeview retune down here in the southwest (Caradon Hill). If I retune my T2 I get most channels as one would expect. I have difficulties with ITV+1 and Great! Movies that should appear on EPG slots 34 and 35 (according to most info I can find). If I retune from scratch (including a factory reset) that is what I get and I can view both channels. At some point later Great! Movies disappears and ITV+1 takes its place on the epg and no amount of retuning or restoring can get it back (short of a factory reset).

Do you have the custom firmware installed and if so do you have the tunefix package installed?

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 9:40:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wallaby

Yes I do. I have just removed Tunefix and restored from a save I made after my last retune from factory default. The same issues persist. At this moment I am loathed to do another factory reset as it takes me nearly an hour to restore all my settings.

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 9:50:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimK2011

I live in range of both Emley Moor and Sheffield's Crosspool transmitter but the best signal comes from CP. The strategy I have adopted is when starting from scratch is to delete all the channels (no need for a factory reset) and retune each MUX manually that way I don't get any stray channels mucking things up. I do use the custom firmware and TuneFix and don't seem to experience any problems.

I also do this with my Dad's HDR-2000T - he's the other way round where Emley Moor is the best signal but he can see bits of Crosspool.

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 10:31:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Wallaby - 45 mins ago  » 
    Yes I do. I have just removed Tunefix and restored from a save I made after my last retune from factory default. The same issues persist. At this moment I am loathed to do another factory reset as it takes me nearly an hour to restore all my settings.

Pop over to hummy.tv and ask your question there because the tunefix expert is most likely to respond in the custom firmware section.

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 10:38:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wallaby

As part of my diagnosis, I deleted all channels and retuned but that did not restore the channels that had disappeared (and had been working after a factory reset). Only a factory reset restored them temporarily. I only have Caradon Hill available to me (I can see the mast) so I am not tuning in channels from another transmitter.

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 10:41:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimK2011

I also have a couple of T2000s and they do not experience this problem and the channels stay in place.

To me this suggests that something is amiss with your Tunefix settings.

As Martin suggests it may be worth asking on hummy.tv

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 10:47:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wallaby

Thank you for the comments. I have posted this question on the Hummy TV forum now. Note that my T2000 machines do not experience issues.

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 11:00:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Wallaby - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have just removed Tunefix and restored from a save I made after my last retune from factory default. The same issues persist.

I would try another retune.

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 13:12:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimK2011

and restored from a save I made after my last retune from factory default.

What are you restoring? A retune recreates the relevant database to account for new/changed channels. If you then restore an 'old' copy of this database then things are surely likely to go wrong.

Tunefix Update achieves the changes for new/changed channels by modifying the existing database without the need for a retune.

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 16:12:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.