My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Freezing, tuning out, not recording, turning off

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

I am about to lose it big time. This is the third, possibly fourth Humax I've had (lost count, losing interest) and since I downloaded the ghastly revamp (does anyone else hate it?) it has so many problems I don't know where to start.

1. Won't record some programmes. By 'some' I mean Wimbledon - what has tennis ever done to it? Seriously upset by this one.
    2. Will switch off (black screen) and has to be switched off at the back and on again.
    3. Hates Netflix and if I want to watch it have to do a soft reboot EVERY time.
    4. Freezes and has to be switched off at the back and on again.
    5. When I turn it on it turns itself off within seconds and I have to switch off and on again at the back. It then shows 'no signal' on the TV. No sh*t Sherlock, you turned yourself off!

Take tonight: I've been trying to watch Wimbledon but I have had to switch it off and on again three times in two hours.

As I say, my original box was replaced, which replacement was replaced, and in turn that replacement was replaced and this replacement is about to be thrown on the bonfire and stamped on before being set alight. Unless some kind soul can help me. I am not technically minded and the HDMI cable has recently been replaced (for the second time).

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 22:04:56 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Welcome to the forum. Thats quite a few problems. Can you tell us which Humax model it is please.

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 22:08:29 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It would help a lot if we knew which Humax box you have. Without this basic information we have no idea if:

It's a satellite box with a dish connected.

It's connected to a normal aerial.

If it is connected to a normal aerial it could be a Youview Box, Freeview + box or a Freeview-Play box.

Welcome to our forum, I hope you understand without some idea as to which box you have it's very hard to help.

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 22:18:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

Of course, was so wrapped up in the problems the basics escaped me.

It's a DTR T2000. I know these have been in a lot of trouble but I thought they'd ironed out the problems.

It was a lot better before the new download.

| Fri 7 Jul 2017 12:10:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

It's YouView attached to a normal aerial.

| Fri 7 Jul 2017 12:11:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

StrangeTrout - 14 hours ago  » 
    has to be switched off at the back and on again.

The next thing to try after that is option 2 and 4 of the maintenance mode reset. Options 2 and 4 retain your recordings.
    For instructions see
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode
    further down that link there is a link for the DTR-T2000 instructions.

| Fri 7 Jul 2017 12:44:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

I cancelled my Wimbledon schedule and put them in as single recordings and I arrived home to find both channels had recorded - am THRILLED!

I will go down the reset route, thank you for your advice. Fingers crossed . . .

| Fri 7 Jul 2017 17:12:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

OK, so the reset worked. For 20 minutes. Box then just went black - in the middle of the Federer/Zverev match. Niiiice. Anything else I can try because I can't fast forward through another 5.5 hours of TV to get the point I was at before, that means I only have five minutes viewing before it cuts out again!

On this topic, is it me or can one no longer fast forward before watching a programme as one could with the old system?

| Sat 8 Jul 2017 19:42:52 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

Oh, and it turns out I have the DTR T1000 but I needed the reset for the T1010 for some reason.

| Sat 8 Jul 2017 19:43:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

Five minutes, this time it took five minutes to crash.

| Sat 8 Jul 2017 19:47:57 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.