My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Frequent overnight switch off

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Our YouView DTRT2000 often switches itself off overnight for no obvious reason.

| Thu 5 Oct 2023 7:36:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

System info

Attachments

1. 20231005_071832.jpg (736 KB, 0 downloads) 6 mnths old
    | Thu 5 Oct 2023 7:44:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It is designed to save energy by going into standby after no one has used the remote control for a few hours.

You can set the time it takes to any of 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours or 12 hours. The default is 3 hours. The setting is in the menu under "Power & Standby".

When it is in standby it will still attempt to record anything you have scheduled.

| Thu 5 Oct 2023 9:28:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Thank you for the quick reply, Luke, but perhaps I didn't explain things very well. I know what a wake-up from standby looks like. Three seconds and we're up and running. No, this is a full-blown restart from cold.

| Thu 5 Oct 2023 9:47:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

countryman - 25 mins ago  » 
    Thank you for the quick reply, Luke, but perhaps I didn't explain things very well. I know what a wake-up from standby looks like. Three seconds and we're up and running. No, this is a full-blown restart from cold.

Good morning Countryman,

What power option do you have your Youview box set? "Smart standby" is the most popular option. Mine is set to go off between midnight & 8am in DEEP SLEEP mode, ideally saving energy & then it then takes approx. 3 seconds to immediately turn on to live tv/menus, between 8am till midnight each day. You can adjust settings to suit your preferences, but if left in energy mode, will takes ages to turn on.

Here is a link to help you:

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/make-your-box-energy-efficient/

John L

| Thu 5 Oct 2023 10:21:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Could a moderator move this post to the Youview Forum please.

Admin edit: Thanks Martin....done

| Thu 5 Oct 2023 10:58:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Thanks chaps...pretty sure we've cracked it. Our standby settings are as jdl's but that gave me the clue.

I failed to realise that it usually only happens on a Thursday. Wake from deep sleep was the default and set to 6am. My wife gets up at 5.30am that day. Now set to 4am ! Sorted

| Thu 5 Oct 2023 11:38:38 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.