My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Front display clock wrong

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gambcl

Hi all,

So after the clocks changed back an hour last night, the front display clock on my 1000S is still showing the wrong time (1hr ahead).

I have tried turning the box on, and the TV Guide screen shows the correct time, but when I turn the box off again, the front display clock still shows the wrong time.

I haven't found any time/date settings, do you think this will correct itself or is there anything I can do?
    Just concerned that it will mess with any scheduled recordings.

Cheers.

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 9:11:58 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Try a test recording for a programme an hour hence.

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 9:15:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gambcl

I tried some recordings and they worked fine, but the front display clock is still wrong a day later.

Has anyone found a way to change the time on these machines?

| Mon 29 Oct 2012 11:41:52 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

gambcl - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I tried some recordings and they worked fine, but the front display clock is still wrong a day later.
    Has anyone found a way to change the time on these machines?

There is no way.

| Mon 29 Oct 2012 11:48:23 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Humax Towers are aware of this.

| Mon 29 Oct 2012 14:47:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sportsnut

I emailed Humax UK Support but so far no reply which is a bit surprising as people in other forums say how good the support usually is.

It does seem that it is only the display clock in normal standby that is wrong – the rest of the machine appears to know the right time and records programmes correctly. This may be because, presumably, the main software pulls the time off the Freesat feeds.

I have tried everything including a factory reset but to no avail.

Incidentally, I do think the user manual is less than satisfactory, it gives very few clues about what is available in the settings mode.

Nevertheless, my confidence in the machine is still good, in all aspects (except the display clock) the machine is well thought out and works exceptionally well.

Just a shame Humax UK are being slow to respond or put a notice on their website.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 12:59:01 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sportsnut - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I emailed Humax UK Support but so far no reply which is a bit surprising as people in other forums say how good the support usually is.
    It does seem that it is only the display clock in normal standby that is wrong – the rest of the machine appears to know the right time and records programmes correctly. This may be because, presumably, the main software pulls the time off the Freesat feeds.
    I have tried everything including a factory reset but to no avail.
    Incidentally, I do think the user manual is less than satisfactory, it gives very few clues about what is available in the settings mode.
    Nevertheless, my confidence in the machine is still good, in all aspects (except the display clock) the machine is well thought out and works exceptionally well.
    Just a shame Humax UK are being slow to respond or put a notice on their website.

It is likely that a fix for this will need a firmware fix which isn't going to happen in a day or so (if you read this thread you will see Humax are awere of the issue). In the meantime save yourself some money by selecting low power sby. You won't see the clock at all then

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 13:05:26 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Sportsnut

You can rest assured that if I post the likes of 'Humax Towers are aware' as in post #5 then the those that need to know at Humax HQ know.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 13:10:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sportsnut

Barry - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Welcome to the Forum Sportsnut
    You can rest assured that if I post the likes of 'Humax Towers are aware' as in post #5 then the those that need to know at Humax HQ know.

Thanks Barry for the welcome.

Yes, I did spot that Humax know about the problem.

This is a good machine and it is not surprising that there will be bugs – how do you test for the clocks going back, it only happens once a year? Or will the clock go forward another hour next spring?

My point was, and still is, that I am surprised that Humax UK is not acknowledging the problem. I am fully prepared to wait for a firmware update. However, it would be nice to know officially from the company that the guys at Humax are on the case.

It would be interesting to know how many units have been shipped in the few days since it was released. I assume all machines have the same problem.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 13:28:37 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I know it's down to personal taste but I think this box is ugly, I do hope it's not a Humax trend.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 13:54:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.