My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Frozen Picture

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieboy

Hi all,

today I had to switch off my Hummy via the on/off switch at the back. I had been watching Channel 4 and left the room for about 5 mins. When i came back the picture was frozen but the sounds was still going. I could hear what was going on in the programme in real time but the picture remained frozen. I couldn't do anything with the unit either via the remote control or the buttons on the unit itself. Once rebooted, it seems OK.
    This has happened once before and rebooting fixed it.

Is this a known issue? I did search the Forum but nothing i found was the same as what i saw with my box.

The box itself is a couple of months old and is running Software version 1.02.20. Loader version a7.30
    Nothing has changed (that i know of). No channels in the 800s either. Transmitter is Winter Hill.
    The programme in question was Countdown.

As I said before it happened whilst i was out of the room so have no idea if there was a message on screen etc.

Thanks

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 16:55:28 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

I saw this when watching the end of Deal or No Deal. I switched to BBC1 and that was fine. The picture froze on two occasions but the sound kept going. Both times it corrected its self, so I thought it was just C4s problem, and just a momentry drop in signal power. I am on the same firmware as stevieboy and have no channels in the 800s but I am on Crystal Palace. Is it the Humax or the signal, does anyone know?

Andy

| Tue 6 Mar 2012 10:07:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ByeSky

Hello, newbie here

I've "created" this situation twice. I programmed the second device button on my Humax Fox T2 to control my Telly, specifically to control the volume, and by pressing the pause button on the remote, without first pressing the PVR button, I've managed to freeze the picture, but the sound keeps going!. I have a Panasonic Viera LCD telly, and I've needed to switch it off, then select the PVR button on the remote again, and then switch the telly back on using it's own remote control, this normally works.

| Wed 7 Mar 2012 17:06:41 #3 |
  4. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

ByeSky : I think your TV has a picture freeze function, I would guess pressing freeze gain would flip it back. Have a look in your TV User Manual to see if you can freeze the TV picture. You would also have a 'freeze' button on the original TV Remote Control

| Wed 7 Mar 2012 18:40:07 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.