My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

FTP transfer

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kr0n0s

Hi
    According to the manual you can transfer files from the Humax HDR 2000T over your home network. As I have never done this before I would appreciate if someone could put up some pointers. ?
    I did a bit of research and found that (FileZilla) was rated as a good choice however when I visited the site there were a lot of negative reviews regarding (Filezilla being loaded with malware,addware) so this made me unsure of it. I looked at Cyberduck but to be honest as I have no idea what one would do the best job I thought it best to come here.?

Any and all help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 20:12:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

I use Filezilla to log into my 2000T and it's absolutely fine. Whether or not the current version has been loaded with malware etc I don't know, but I assume you'll have some sort of protection against that anyway.

As regards transferring files, I've only ever done it PC to Humax. Doing it in reverse you'll come up against encryption. I'll leave it to someone else to point you towards the facts, as I don't have them at my fingertips.

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 21:11:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Kr0n0s - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi
    According to the manual you can transfer files from the Humax HDR 2000T over your home network. As I have never done this before I would appreciate if someone could put up some pointers. ?
    I did a bit of research and found that (FileZilla) was rated as a good choice however when I visited the site there were a lot of negative reviews regarding (Filezilla being loaded with malware,addware) so this made me unsure of it.

Providing you download FileZilla from the official site Filezilla web site I have never seen any malware or addware. However what are you hoping to do with the files? You do realise that recordings will be encrypted unless you copy to USB storage (and in the case of HD recordings use Foxy)?

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 22:26:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kr0n0s

I know about the encrypted recordings but as far as I can see that is HD recordings I am going for SD recordings for back up purposes.? From what I have read you can tranfers SD recordings over your home network ?

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 14:08:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Kr0n0s - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I know about the encrypted recordings but as far as I can see that is HD recordings I am going for SD recordings for back up purposes.?

You can back up SD recordings and put them back on the Humax to play them but unless they are copied to USB storage they will remain encrypted.

From what I have read you can tranfers SD recordings over your home network ?

You can transfer them yes but not play them unless decrypted. Can you give a link to what you have read?

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 14:17:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kr0n0s

Update

Ok I installed Filezilla and managed to get the basic workings of it. However the confusion now starts I was able to transfer some stuff from my Pc to my Humax HDR 2000T. This worked out fine all items play through the Humax no problem. I then managed to upload from my Humax to my Pc a programme I had recorded on ITV4 SD. But when i tried playing it I get no responce from either VLC or Media Player Classic. I opened file in Mediainfo and it shows as

General

Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    Format profile : No PAT/PMT
    File size : 1.12 GiB

Not sure why it shows as Blu-ray video it was a SD recording ? :/
    I have tried transferring to a USB drive file transfers ok shows & plays on Pc Ok. I cannot find any programe that will open or play this file when transferred over FTP ??

| Sun 27 Apr 2014 20:01:08 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

All recordings made on a HDR2000T are encrypted, if you copy any of them directly to a PC they remain encrypted. Only way to use them is to use the HDR2000T that recorded them. If you connect a usb drive to the box and copy a SD recording to it then the encryption is removed. You can persuade the box to do the same with a HD recording (requires one of the sidecar files (.htm) to be modified (requires FTP to access the .htm file to do this), and a programme by Raydon (Foxy). There is no way to directly copy a recording file via ftp to a PC and play it back on the PC.

Thanks to the custom firmware available for the earlier HDR FOX T2 the process is much simpler.

| Sun 27 Apr 2014 20:23:42 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kr0n0s

Cheers all help appreciated

| Sun 27 Apr 2014 20:31:35 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.