My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

fun with DTR-T1010

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Well................
    Humax DTR-t1010 started playing up - purple/pink screen on startup - not coming out of standby or saying "Please Wait" for ever......
    So as with all modern consumer electronics I started with the power supply and changed all 7 electrolytic capacitor (supplied by satcure.co.uk).
    There was also a nasty dry solder joint at one end of the output smoothing inductor L101.
    After that the STB seemed to work - well for about 3 days, but after a while it would not come out of standby AGAIN!!. Took it apart again and checked my work. All OK. PSU output OK, power on hard drive.

Mutter - mutter - mutter - left it for a few days but it was getting worse.
    Decided to take the hard drive out and scan/check it using some Linux diagnostic tools. Seemed fine at first until I noticed a very quiet clicking. Ah! the hard drive was not powering up when 12V/5V was applied and it would not come out of standby. Bingo! one duff hard drive.

Purchased one new 1TB hard drive (ordinary Western Digital Sata 3 desktop drive - yes I know, technicaly the wrong type!).
    Easy to fit.

Had a slight fight getting the Maintenance mode "Internet/USB recovery" (loose recodings of course!!). Eventually the firmware downloaded and installed correctly. Had to try several times with several "power on/off" cycles before it said "Update OK". The STB then completed the setup procedure and now works. However I'll see what happens over the next few days as it took the old drive about 3 days to die completly.

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 22:08:30 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.