My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000t

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chirper

Asked Humax if they were planning an update for their firmware for the 4000T. Reply, “Hi Paul, we dont currently have any updates planned for the 4000T but there will be updates if/when needed”. Anyone else still suffering buggy issues and find this unacceptable??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 13:24:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haggis54

I don't quite know what you mean by 'buggy issues'? We've had our 4000T since about March, it has been extensively 'tested' by way of 4 recordings at once ( egularly) , jumping adverts using time skip - just about every night watching recordings. The only thing I can honestly comment is missing thumbnails for all terrestrial channels on the EPG. Once I fully 'tuned in' the ariel for all channels and get 100% it's been solid.
    Things I would liked to have seen is a "remind all" feature, for daily showings of progs. Instead of manually having to add them for the whole week. I watch a ton of factual stuff and of course "lost in Space" reruns ????
    Things that cable boxes had like 'tidy' recordings; a choice of thumbnails or all series in a folder. Ongoing series links that pickup the start of a new series? If it doesn't already do that?? Not had the start of a 'next year'.
    It hasn't failed one recording. I would like an forward facing dual LED, a channel number display and a few others. Tell me what issues you have or would like to see?
    Btw, the 5000T has a lot of features of my Humax Freesat HB-1000S (yes I have both Freesat and Freeview, fitted by myself)
    I would like a similar EPG that that has on the 4000T.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 14:28:16 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Haggis54 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I don't quite know what you mean by 'buggy issues'? We've had our 4000T since about March, it has been extensively 'tested' by way of 4 recordings at once ( egularly) , jumping adverts using time skip - just about every night watching recordings. The only thing I can honestly comment is missing thumbnails for all terrestrial channels on the EPG. Once I fully 'tuned in' the ariel for all channels and get 100% it's been solid.
    Things I would liked to have seen is a "remind all" feature, for daily showings of progs. Instead of manually having to add them for the whole week. I watch a ton of factual stuff and of course "lost in Space" reruns ????
    Things that cable boxes had like 'tidy' recordings; a choice of thumbnails or all series in a folder. Ongoing series links that pickup the start of a new series? If it doesn't already do that?? Not had the start of a 'next year'.
    It hasn't failed one recording. I would like an forward facing dual LED, a channel number display and a few others. Tell me what issues you have or would like to see?
    Btw, the 5000T has a lot of features of my Humax Freesat HB-1000S (yes I have both Freesat and Freeview, fitted by myself)
    I would like a similar EPG that that has on the 4000T.

The crid series codes used on Freesat and Freeview expire after not being used for 13 weeks and the reservation is deleted. This allows the broadcaster to recycle the codes for a different series. If there is a gap in a series of more than 13 weeks it's not possible to use the same codes.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 14:37:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

The Netflix app still bugs me, but as Barry cannot see the stuttering then it is fine for all
    Also starts in low resolution for several minutes on many occasions and drops mid show, but can also stay at 1080 for days on end.
    The poor organising and options on recording is also poor and the poor handling of FAT32 disk drives compared to the H3 is annoying

| Wed 29 Nov 2017 14:02:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bitterman - 1 hour ago  » 
    the poor handling of FAT32 disk drives compared to the H3 is annoying

Could you give a little more detail about this problem please?

| Wed 29 Nov 2017 15:27:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

Can't find my previous posts on this.

The H3 will read Video off any HDD or USB stick I own in FAT32 or NTFS, it will see a partitioned externally powered HDD and portable drives.

The FVP4000 will not read a partitioned drive, will not read a FAT32 HDD I used on my PS3 for Video/music and is fussy about USB sticks as well. It is happy with NTFS and not much else. Most of my drives are Seagate.

| Wed 29 Nov 2017 16:03:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chirper

Just a few issues I have, Buggy issues with Humax

Changing AV input then changing back on Humax input on tv turns on Humax subtitles.

When press stop when watching a recorded program then going to delete the program it automatically moves back up to play the program so pressing ok then asks to “go back to where you left off”.

Series link records even repeated episodes especially on c5 and c4.

Favourite group always changes back to tv list. Always have to change back to my “favourite again for some reason.

Remote control still slow to respond (probably a directional issue” and everyone having to buy a replacement to get it to respond properly. I use old rm-f04 remote from my fox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

| Sat 2 Dec 2017 21:59:33 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Chirper - 11 minutes ago  » 

Almost certainly a broadcaster error with the crid coding, beyond control of Humax.

Favourite group always changes back to tv list. Always have to change back to my “favourite again for some reason.

Have you made the favourites group 'sticky' as per FAQ?

| Sat 2 Dec 2017 22:13:02 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chirper

Chirper - 11 minutes ago  » 

Almost certainly a broadcaster error with the crid coding, beyond control of Humax.

Have you made the favourites group 'sticky' as per FAQ?

Sticky???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

| Sat 2 Dec 2017 23:21:29 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have you read the FAQ?

| Sun 3 Dec 2017 1:37:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.