My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T Alternative Remote Control Code Set

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlinrocket

I have an FVP 4000T and a Humax Youview box. As you might imagine, there is a remote conflict between the two.

As I understand it, you can change the code set that the FVP 4000T uses by the "0" and "Enter" method, as on some other Humax boxes.

Unfortunately, I don't have the original remote. I have tried 0 & Enter with the Youview remote, a copy remote and a Harmony, without success. I guess that on the original remote, a new IR code is sent out by the double keypress, which is not replicated on 3rd party remotes.

Can anyone suggest another method, or perhaps point me to an IR hex code that would work?

Thanks

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 10:40:34 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

It may be possible to capture the output from the remote when the code changes from a learning remote.
    Be aware though that once you have changed the code you will need to program the Harmony remote again if you can find the correct information as the replacement remote is probably locked to the default if the reprogramming sequence does not work on it.
    I don't use a Harmony but perhaps someone who does will have the information you need or perhaps visit the Harmony forums.
    Otherwise the Remote Central and JP1 forums are a good source of remote data.

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 20:38:01 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.