My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000t BBC I Player dropping out of play!

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HDPete

In tha last few weeks my FVP-4000T drops out of Iplayer when playing back. This happens after around 40% of a program has played or after about 20mins. The output switches to another live channel. If pressing "info" the Iplayer control screen displays as if the play back is continuing but operating stop/play/ffwd etc does nothing and live channel continues. The only way to stop this is to go back to "Home" and then re-start Iplayer via the "on demand" menu etc. I have the latest software update (6th September 2016).
    Has any body else had this? Any suggestions?

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 8:21:00 #1 |
  2. maharg101

maharg101

Yes, last night, had iplayer drop back to live television (DVB) twice during poldark, which upset the wife ! Had to relaunch the app and fast forward through the programme to resume. Not exactly the symptoms as you describe.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 20:29:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HDPete

Yes, That's typical of the symptoms I get. I also have an Amazon FireTV box and iplayer is faultless on that. I can't fathom why the Humax version gives me this trouble which I'm still getting randomly.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 22:57:28 #3 |
  4. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

I have lots of occasions when I turn on the humax box and it won't let me go to OnDemand because it says no internet connected. It is wired directly into my router and everything else on that router can access the internet.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 9:15:22 #4 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I have had this - where the iPlayer gives the spinning (part circle) loading symbol - but it never does load and goes back to TV. I thought it was my broadband dropping out, though, as it is quite poor at the moment. It is a 4-year-old BT Hub3, might just be tired, I know I am with it. R-

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 9:40:11 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.