My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T losing recorded programmes

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardK

I recorded a series of four programmes. All recorded OK and appeared in the recordings list for a few months. Yesterday I noticed that the middle two episodes had disappeared from the list, leaving only the first and last one. Any ideas on how to get them back?

| Sat 12 Nov 2016 15:37:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardK

Two more recordings have now disappeared from the list. I have not watched these. I have installed the software update and performed a factory reset. Is this a sign of a corrupt HDD?

| Mon 5 Dec 2016 9:48:58 #2 |
  3. anthonygriff

anthonygriff

Other than the usual reply of switch off at the mains and then switch back on again which usually restores lost recordings I can't think of anything else. Sorry but I don't know if it's a sign of a corrupt hard drive or not.

| Mon 5 Dec 2016 20:19:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Theophilus

I've found that if I have an external USB drive connected, the recordings on the internal HDD disappear ... do you have anything connected to either USB port? if do, you might try disconnecting them and rebooting.

| Sun 11 Dec 2016 19:41:19 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Theophilus - 21 minutes ago  » 
    I've found that if I have an external USB drive connected, the recordings on the internal HDD disappear ... do you have anything connected to either USB port? if do, you might try disconnecting them and rebooting.

Don't have the box, but guess this post by Barry may well be relevant

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recordings-list-beware-if-archived-off-to-usb-hdd?replies=1#post-40704

| Sun 11 Dec 2016 20:03:51 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Theophilus - 44 minutes ago  » 

External HDD (WD Passport) permanently connected to both of my units, no issues for me.

| Sun 11 Dec 2016 20:27:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Theophilus

grahamlthompson - 34 minutes ago  » 

Theophilus - 21 minutes ago  » 

Don't have the box, but guess this post by Barry may well be relevant
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recordings-list-beware-if-archived-off-to-usb-hdd?replies=1#post-40704

Thanks for the link, but that's not quite my issue - I've not been trying to archive recordings TO my external USB, but have recordings stored on the USB which I want to play ... so far so good, I can see and play stored recordings from my HDR-T2 with no problem.

However, if I leave the USB drive connected, the next time the FVP-4000 reboots (which it does even with the latest software), some or all of the recordings on the internal HDD are not visible. However they reappear if I disconnect the USB drive & reboot the FVP-4000.

I've raised a query with the Humax technical guys whose only suggestion is a factory reset (tried this - no result)

| Sun 11 Dec 2016 20:44:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardK

Thanks for the links and advice, but I don't have an external USB drive connected.
    Unfortunately I've lost all confidence in the FVP-4000 and have returned it for a refund. Next stop Panasonic?

| Mon 12 Dec 2016 10:57:46 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

RichardK - 4 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the links and advice, but I don't have an external USB drive connected.
    Unfortunately I've lost all confidence in the FVP-4000 and have returned it for a refund. Next stop Panasonic?

If that really is a question then you won't go wrong. There are comments about the UI being old, maybe it is, but if you want to watch telly and record programmes reliably (which in my experience is what people want to do) then it's a good choice.

| Mon 12 Dec 2016 15:31:39 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.