My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

fvp-4000T screen format problem

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

box watcher

Even though I have set the screen format to 16:9 auto some channels still are displayed in 4:3 letterbox....This does not occur on the FoxT2 which is on at the same time on the same program/channel....
    Is this a common problem or is it just my set..
    Humax has acknowledged this problem and say if the program/channel is recorded in 4:3 the 4000 will not auto adjust...??
    Yet the FOX and my old 9300 both do not have this problem....
    Any suggestions anyone ??

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 10:51:43 #1 |
  2. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Some time ago someone suggested that switching screen format to Pillarbox overcame this problem on the HDR-FOX T2 and I've been using it since then. It does seem to work. I have my FVP set the same way, It doesn't explain why auto is working differently on your two boxes, but might be worth a try.
    David.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 12:49:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

box watcher

Thank-you for your reply aciddad...
    I have tried switching over to "pillarbox" and unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem which is only on the FVP.... the Fox works fine on 16:9 auto.
    Surely you and I are not the only ones with this problem ?
    Going back to Richer Sounds where I bought the fvp and see if they can come up with an idea...
    many thanks
    John

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 22:10:38 #3 |
  4. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Sorry box watcher, in fact I have not had your specific problem. Using pillarbox means that if a channel doesn't send the data to switch display modes the picture will still display in 4:3. I wondered if it might help but but wasn't hopeful. I think most channels now get format switching right so it may be your TV settings. If you are using separate HDMI inputs is it possible to have different settings on each?
    David.

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 14:19:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.