My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T standby mode erratic behaviour

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimBee

Have been supplied with a new FVP-4000T to try out. Was initially surprisingly pleased by the unit performance. All the normal play / record functions worked well.
    However I checked the general operations and found problems which concern me.

It seemed that it does not completely switch off to standby in the expected manner.

Am aware it has been discussed before but thought some more details of the situations when it occurs might be of help

Produced a log of tests made yesterday to investigate problem:-

At 0900hrs. Switched it on at mains supply from overnight then observed activity.
    Red standby light comes on, then the blue one for a short period. Sound of HD working. Back to red light and the unit goes totally silent.

Without TV connected to monitor activity. - PVR switched on again by remote. Blue light on and sounds of HD activity.
    10 minutes later - I then switched off at remote. Red light shows and it again goes silent.

At 1000hrs. Remote on again and unit set for 3 test recordings over period 1100hrs to 1230hrs. Remote off function and unit once again goes totally silent with red light.
    All OK and as expected so far.

At 1700hrs I inspected the unit. Red light on and surprised to find the HD was active. Case quite warm.
    Checked recordings and all were fine. Deleted them.
    Switched to standby - red light, and left it to be inspected later. From then on for the rest of the evening the HD stayed active, not going to the earlier quiet states.

Rechecked the settings and found nothing which could cause this erratic problem.
    Auto Power Down ON
    Power Saving in S/By ON
    The unit has been connected to a continually available wired internet connection.

I am not prepared to accept this. For example if it is set up for several recordings when we go away for a long weekend, once the first recording takes place it will stay in some active mode the whole time. The HD grinding away and heat will build up in the case.

Has anyone else experienced this and hopefully found a cure?

| Fri 22 Sep 2017 16:33:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not having a 4000T can only offer advice based on earlier models.

Removing the power and waiting a few minutes may well have put the box back into full sby after restoring the power.

With odd behaviour like this best thing to try is a reset to factory defaults. Note - make a note of or photograph your recording schedule you will need to re-enter them. If the 4000T has different options for reset choose the one that doesn't format the hard disk to avoid losing your recordings.

| Fri 22 Sep 2017 17:17:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimBee

An update:-
    As suggested I did a Factory Reset. It made no difference at all!

Two more days of repeating the normal usage On/Off cycles, with Standby problems, then suddenly the unit started to behave itself. I had made no changes to settings except for after the earlier Reset when I put it back to what were made when first acquired.

Since then it has performed the correct Standby mode process on each subsequent test.
    If it can correct itself without warning I feel it could also revert to the faulty state and I do not feel confident enough to trust it over a long period of unattended use recording items.
    This and the other posted Media picture resolution limitations has left me reluctant to purchase for the time being.

| Thu 28 Sep 2017 11:04:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.