My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T- Two weeks in - Requests to developers

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

Our FVP4000T has been up and running for two weeks now. There are things about it which are a definite improvement on our old PVR 9150T: picture and sound quality (obviously!), catch-up TV offerings and the fact that it seems to get the starts of all programmes now.
    However, I thought this would be a good time to come up with a wishlist of a few things which I think would improve it further:
    1) The option to take away the live TV picture in the background of windows such as the schedule and recorded programme listing. It's not an issue so much for me, but it's a real problem for my partner.
    2) Smaller entries on the recorded programme list page, to reduce the amount of scrolling required. (Ideally, one line per programme, with a single thumbnail screen on the the right for the currently highlighted entry.)
    3) On the recorded programme list, show a thumbnail of a scene say 2 or 3 minutes into the recording. At the moment, most thumbnails just show the first frame of the recording, usually an image of the TV channel ident, which is useless.
    4) Again, on the recorded programme list, jump to the oldest recording by default once you're in the series view. If you're watching a series, why would you want to start with the most recent episode and work backwards?
    5) Do something with the LEDs to show the difference between "on and recording" and "in standby and recording".

I know I probably won't have changed anything by posting this list, but at least it's got it all off my chest!

| Tue 21 Feb 2017 17:18:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

This forum isn't run by Humax, so no developers will read your post.
    All your points (bar 3) have already been mentioned here ad nauseam.

| Tue 21 Feb 2017 19:30:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

mrbutt89 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I know I probably won't have changed anything by posting this list, but at least it's got it all off my chest!

You never know... unless I've gone mad and from memory I think the LED has been changed on the very latest boxes. Your post on the Lindy CEC removal hdmi adapter was useful and a cheap fix for those affected, keep on posting it's what the forum is all about.

| Tue 21 Feb 2017 19:58:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

Damian,
    I think the earlier versions of the 4000T had LEDs on the front right of the box.
    Our version has two LEDs (one red, one blue) which shine downwards from underneath the front of the box... onto a black blu-ray player (making them invisible) - or onto a black shelf if I pull the Humax forward (making them barely perceptible ).
    I think the idea is that they create a subtle pool of light - red for in standby, blue for on, purple (I.e. red & blue together) for recording, with or without a signal to the TV. Of course, I can't tell which of the last two it is without turning the TV on.
    Style over function...

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 0:20:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

mrbutt89 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Damian,
    I think the earlier versions of the 4000T had LEDs on the front right of the box.
    Our version has two LEDs (one red, one blue) which shine downwards from underneath the front of the box... onto a black blu-ray player (making them invisible) - or onto a black shelf if I pull the Humax forward (making them barely perceptible ).
    I think the idea is that they create a subtle pool of light - red for in standby, blue for on, purple (I.e. red & blue together) for recording, with or without a signal to the TV. Of course, I can't tell which of the last two it is without turning the TV on.
    Style over function...

Use a prism mirror ?

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 2:20:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

mrbutt89 - 9 hours ago  » 
    4) Again, on the recorded programme list, jump to the oldest recording by default once you're in the series view. If you're watching a series, why would you want to start with the most recent episode and work backwards?

Also if a progrom is still recording the cursor should default to watch recording rather than live TV ?

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 2:21:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

Also if a progrom is still recording the cursor should default to watch recording rather than live TV ?

Yes, I'd forgotten that one.
    I wish I still had the facility I had on my old Humax to select a programme from the list and simply press the play button to watch it, rather than having to use the arrows to navigate to that option.
    Funny how the old box seemed more user-friendly than the new one. I feel Humax have lost their way a bit with this model.

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 11:57:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

giverny - 11 hours ago  » 

mrbutt89 - 9 hours ago  » 

Yes, and having to wait before deleting a recording until the screengrab updates - otherwise it catches you out and plays it again.

Also, scrap the recording recommendations, it's just a pain. No I do not want to record 'The Last Leg' and I definitely don't want to record it after 10 times of already saying no. Due to the 4 or 5 or main faults I still have with this box, I'd forgotten all these other bugbears.

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 14:23:33 #8 |
  9. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

mrbutt89 - 1 day ago  » 

3) On the recorded programme list, show a thumbnail of a scene say 2 or 3 minutes into the recording. At the moment, most thumbnails just show the first frame of the recording, usually an image of the TV channel ident, which is useless.

I'd rather they did away with the useless thumbnails altogether, and just listed the recordings, and also gave us an A-Z sort option. That way we could see about 60 recordings on a single screen instead of the paltry 12 we can now.

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 18:04:29 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Biggest pain for me is still the woeful speed of the interface when compared to the rapid response of the HDR-FOX T2.

Make use of the coloured buttons as per all previous machines, why have them on the remote if you can't use them??

Guide is much better now, apart from loading in chunks, so it would be great to have the recording list/schedule in the same newer more slimmed down graphics/fonts.

| Wed 10 May 2017 8:50:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.