My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T with H3

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobinP

Hi, I recently purchased a 4000T and an H3 combination. I am using 600mps power line devices from BT to connect to my router. Everything set up OK and sometimes everyone works fine. However, sometimes the H3 will not connect saying 'Sorry, channel not found' even though I sometimes get sound but no picture on the H3. Other times the H3 will just sit there trying to connect. I have found that I can sometimes get it to connect by powering the unit completely off/on or by going to the 'channel source' option and removing the 4000T from the list and making the H3 find it again. I have also tried using wifi on both boxes to connect and also using hard wired Ethernet cables between the units and my router - still experience issues above, whatever connection method I use.

| Thu 23 Mar 2017 22:15:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

When you've had trouble, have you tried restarting the network server on the 4000t?

Found on the 4000t under: Settings / Network Settings / Network Server / Server Status / Restart

| Thu 23 Mar 2017 23:39:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobinP

Found that the H3 wouldn't reconnect when I turned it on this morning (I got a split second of sound but then nothing else - showed Channel not found. Tried resetting the Network Server and this resolved things - when the unit stops again I will try this again to see if it works again. However, not happy with this as a permanent 'solution' as it happens so often.

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 7:11:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

If you set the 'Server Activation Time' setting, I wonder if this may solve your issue. Just ensure that it is set to be on when you need it.

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 13:30:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobinP

Yes, I've set the Server Activation Time but still often fails to connect first time. Am trying out a few other things - e.g. seeing if I can still connect to Internet when in this state and also seeing if I can access recorded programmes on the 4000T.

| Sat 25 Mar 2017 18:32:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

RobinP - 23 hours ago  » 
    Yes, I've set the Server Activation Time but still often fails to connect first time. Am trying out a few other things - e.g. seeing if I can still connect to Internet when in this state and also seeing if I can access recorded programmes on the 4000T.

I'm 99% sure that the answer to both of your 'if's' is yes. The problems you're experiencing appear related to the network server on the 4000t.

When you say you have set the 'Server Activation Time', did you leave the time as default when you turned it on, or did you change it to suit your viewing habits?

(Note that even though the 'Server Activation Time' will display as '12:00 - 24:00' when you go to the 'Network Server' settings page, it is still off by default - until you click into it.)

| Sun 26 Mar 2017 17:49:03 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.