My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T won't connect to wifi

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kevin3093

Hi there

The title says it all

Everything was working well since I purchased the box in January , now it won't connect to the Internet , wifi is working as I can sit next to the box with my pad and the Internet works fine

I have tried to restart both the box and router but no luck

Return the box or is there a fix

Thanks

Kevin

| Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:21:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Kevin3093, Does it connect to the internet with a cable ?, if so try turning it off at the mains for a couple of minutes, if it still don't work re-entering the wireless key in settings to see if this works.
    Only the same thing happened to mine, I just turned it off at the plug and rebooted it.
    Important make sure the rooter is turned on and working before rebooting the box.

| Fri 30 Sep 2016 21:15:34 #2 |
  3. graham uk

graham uk

special member

4000T Wireless connection.
    I have to switch off power and reboot everyday before my 4K will connect to our Internet Wi-Fi.
    Previously had BT Hub 3 which we thought my have been the problem but recently BT updated my router to Hub 4 but still have to power off and on each day to Internet connect wi-fi
    Router is too far away to connect via Ethernet.

graham uk

| Sat 1 Oct 2016 7:13:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

On my 4000T I don't need to keep rebooting the box on my one, but I have noticed it takes about 2 minutes sometimes to connect after taking it out of standby each time.
    If you leave it as I said a couple of minutes you should see the message connected to internet appear on the top of the screen when you take it out of standby.
    It seems when you put it in standby, it disconnects from the internet, and as to reconnect again when you take it out of standby, and this sometime can take up to a couple minutes, it seem longer now to connect on my one since the update.

| Sat 1 Oct 2016 12:57:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

david.S

I have a 4000T only bought 1 month ago. now it's lost it's wifi connection. tried hard wiring it and it still won't connect to the internet. Is there some button that I havn't pressed or should I take it back to the shop
    Thanks

david.S

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 23:09:03 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

david.S - 35 minutes ago  » 
    I have a 4000T only bought 1 month ago. now it's lost it's wifi connection. tried hard wiring it and it still won't connect to the internet. Is there some button that I havn't pressed or should I take it back to the shop

At the risk of stating the obvious; have you tried turning if off at the mains and leaving it without power for 30 seconds and then turning it back on?

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 23:45:22 #6 |
  7. graham uk

graham uk

special member

I had the same NO INTERNET Connection right from the earlier OS's and had to reboot first start of every day.
    I now have a timer plug on the mains 4000T connected, it's set to switch OFF for 3 hours in the early hours, which righted the internet connection.

Possibly in the new 1.01.49 this has been dealt with, but not yet checked to see if it's solved.

graham uk

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 10:28:14 #7 |
  8. athomson

athomson

special member

I have had this issue with WiFi being connected then disconnecting from the internet. It got to a point where iPlayer would stop in the middle of a program, the 4k is only three foot from the router. I lost patents and and put a short cable in place. Lucky my router had an empty port. Everything is now fine, maybe the WiFi on the Humax is not as good as it could be.

Andy

| Sun 20 May 2018 10:50:11 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.