My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T/1tb hard drive

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickyDee

Hi, I had a Humax FVP-4000T freeview recorder that went fauty. Nothing worked at all, Dead completely so I removed the hard drive hopeing to be able to read the contents but here I find that I am unable to
    On connecting to my laptop the drive isn't seen at all, I plugged it into my new Humax FVP-5000T recorder via the usb socket but even that doesn't see it
    Any help would be apreciated as the wife has a lot of serialised progs on it as well as films
    Thanks in advance
    Ps the hard drive is a Seagate video 3.5 HDD 1000GB

| Sun 13 Sep 2020 12:16:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MickyDee - 2 hours ago  » 
    On connecting to my laptop the drive isn't seen at all, I plugged it into my new Humax FVP-5000T recorder via the usb socket but even that doesn't see it
    Any help would be apreciated as the wife has a lot of serialised progs on it as well as films

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but unless you can get the FVP-4000T working again then the recordings are lost because they are encrypted using a key that is unique to the box that made the recording. There are ways to copy off the encrypted recordings from the hard drive but currently there is no known way to remove the encryption.

| Sun 13 Sep 2020 14:53:15 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.