My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T background operations

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Klingon

I recently purchased the FVP-5000T 1TB.

I have noticed that sometime between 3am and 5am, for two brief periods in succession, the unit comes to life. However, the light at the front of the unit remains red, indicating that the unit is never actually on, but operations are being carried out in the background.

Is the programme guide being updated at this time, and if so, why is it done in two bursts?

I use the unit in my bedroom. Is it possible to alter the time at which the unit performs these operations to sometime during the day (ideally between 9am and noon), so that my sleep is not disturbed? I accept that I may not be able to use the programme guide whilst it is being updated.

| Tue 30 May 2023 14:14:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I'm not sure about this. Mine does the same, often crashing (probably because it isn't connected to the internet at that time). I was under the impression that the Humax looked for a software update around the times you mentioned, but I could be wrong. I don't think there is anything you can do to change the time. Not a great deal you can do about the noise either. Place it on a different surface?

| Wed 31 May 2023 8:07:57 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.