My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T Can I copy to connected USB via network?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mp3pek

Considering purchasing a PVR 5000T and have a few questions I can't find the answers to. Will ask each question on a separate post.

I want to connect a USB hard drive to a FVP 5000T for playing downloaded media files, video and audio. If the FVP 5000T is network connected can I copy files from my PC via the network to the USB hard drive. I believe it is possible to copy files this way to the internal hard drive but want to copy to the external drive.

| Sat 4 Apr 2020 18:40:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mp3pek - 42 mins ago  » 
    Considering purchasing a PVR 5000T and have a few questions I can't find the answers to. Will ask each question on a separate post.
    I want to connect a USB hard drive to a FVP 5000T for playing downloaded media files, video and audio. If the FVP 5000T is network connected can I copy files from my PC via the network to the USB hard drive. I believe it is possible to copy files this way to the internal hard drive but want to copy to the external drive.

Not afaik but the box has a DLNA client so the same usb connected to a PC with a DNLA server should be usable to play back content using the FVP-5000T

| Sat 4 Apr 2020 19:24:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mp3pek

Thanks Graham. I guessed as much. I currently have a Western Digital media player with the USB hard drive next to my YouView box. Being able to replace both with the FVP with hard drive connected would have been the ideal. The alternative will be to move the hard drive to my desktop PC and play the files from there. Hopefully once I've navigated there through the media option it will remember the location of the drive. Don't want to have to search through the network every time.

| Sat 4 Apr 2020 19:52:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mp3pek - 14 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. I guessed as much. I currently have a Western Digital media player with the USB hard drive next to my YouView box. Being able to replace both with the FVP with hard drive connected would have been the ideal. The alternative will be to move the hard drive to my desktop PC and play the files from there. Hopefully once I've navigated there through the media option it will remember the location of the drive. Don't want to have to search through the network every time.

If you include the USB drive folder that has the files in the DLNA share, it should be found as the remote device scans to update the video sources database.

| Sun 5 Apr 2020 10:22:45 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.