My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T No apps

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

George Bailey

Hi

I've tried a factory reset and an auto retune, but when I press the F button and select 'Players', all I get is grey place holders. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

If I press the 'Netflix' button on the remote, it struggles to load much, and when it does, it tells me I'm not connected to the internet, although I've checked and rechecked the 'Network Status' which says all is OK.

Can anyone offer any advice? Or should be asking Santa for a new STB for Christmas? Thanks

| Thu 14 Dec 2023 16:33:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

George Bailey - 2 mins ago  » 
    I've tried a factory reset and an auto retune, but when I press the F button and select 'Players', all I get is grey place holders. Nothing. Nada. Zip.
    If I press the 'Netflix' button on the remote, it struggles to load much, and when it does, it tells me I'm not connected to the internet, although I've checked and rechecked the 'Network Status' which says all is OK.

How is the FVP-5000T connected to the Internet (WiFi, network cable, Powerline adapters etc)?

| Thu 14 Dec 2023 16:38:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

George Bailey

Hi Martin. It's a wi-fi connection. I should just add that the box was working up until a couple of days ago, and I have no other difficulties with devices accessing the router and the internet.

| Thu 14 Dec 2023 18:25:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

George Bailey - 2 hours ago  » 
    It's a wi-fi connection. I should just add that the box was working up until a couple of days ago, and I have no other difficulties with devices accessing the router and the internet.

Have you tried rebooting the router or any WiFi extenders?

| Thu 14 Dec 2023 20:47:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

George Bailey

No - I'll do that. Thanks

| Thu 14 Dec 2023 22:07:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

George Bailey

OK, that has restored Netflix - but none of the other major (iPlayer, All4, C5 etc). What's odd is a number of small apps have appeared instead - Aesop's fables, for example...

Whaat?

| Thu 14 Dec 2023 22:27:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

George Bailey

Another search of these forums turned up 'delete cookies' and that seems to have worked.

Thanks for your help

| Thu 14 Dec 2023 22:35:55 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.