My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T Unable to schedule recordings any more

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cliff61

My box is a week old and running the latest software version. I have recorded about 20 programmes and have about 15 in the schedule. Scheduled recordings are recording but I can no longer add any new recordings to the schedule since yesterday. When I select a programme to record and select either the record series or record programme, nothing happens. No error message and no recording added to the schedule.
    I have raised the issue by sending an email to Humax support today.
    Have you encountered the issue and been able to fix it??

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 22:26:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

This is probably going to sound silly but have you tried turning the box off at the plug, and back on?

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 23:07:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cliff61

Thanks Luddym, that did the trick! Software glitch??

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 23:24:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

I'm not sure exactly why these things happen but inevitably they do when you least want them to.

If something on the PVR is playing up then a reboot is almost always all that is needed.

| Mon 2 Apr 2018 12:27:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

robscreen

Got the fvp-5000t for Christmas, perfect for 2 weeks.
    Last 3 weeks most weeks it does exact same problem you mention.

Selecting record this program or series, does nothing / not responsive.
    Manual REC and the existing schedule is fine.

Hard off at mains only fix.

Running the 22 NOV 2018 software.

No one else had this issue?
    Cliff61 - your fault come back?

| Sat 9 Feb 2019 15:39:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larsson

Got an FVP 5000T last summer and have had numerous issues like this. Sometimes the sound stops working, sometimes the on demand stops working with an "it is not available try later" message, sometimes all our recordings seem to completely disappear. Usually a full power cycle/reboot cures these issues, but occasionally it doesn't and a factory reset has been needed on about 3 occasions to resolve.

It's far from ideal but I think you just have to accept that you will need to do this on a regular basis (or get a refund). I'm used to messing about like this with computers, but it's not what I expected to be having to do with a PVR.

| Sun 3 Mar 2019 2:14:23 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your PVR is a computer running Linux however normally it should be trouble free. The occasional issue with recordings disappearing I think is due to trying to view recordings before the multi-threaded boot process has populated them.

| Sun 3 Mar 2019 9:10:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larsson

Yes it is a computer, but sold as an appliance so I am surprised at the number of bugs that have surfaced already for me.

I also have a Linux computer with a DVB-T2 USB tuner, running TVHeadend, and I am used to having to tinker with that, but I'd rather the Humax just worked a bit better without intervention. But don't get me wrong, having said all that I do still think it is a great bit of kit for the money

| Sun 3 Mar 2019 15:11:09 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.