My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T Woes

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fudgemaster

Thanks for having me in your Forum.
    After returning an FVP-5000t as faulty, being unable to understand why I was unable to watch tv with the Humax in standby mode, (it showed No Signal).
    I now have a replacement, but after plugging it in and switching it on, it failed to start the initial setup sequence, and my tv is unable to find it. The red light initiates then the blue when the on/off button is pressed, and I loose signal when the Humax is switched to standby, so it seems to be working, to a degree (this is a subject which I found a solution to on this forum, I think).
    I have unplugged the Humax overnight, and will try again tomorrow, but any guidance as to where the fault lies will be greatly appreciated.
    The Humax HDMI is plugged into the HXMI 1 socket of my Samsung tv, and to internet via Ethernet cable to my Virgin Superhub3.
    Oh, might it need an aerial attenuator, perhaps? Unsure as to how to check the signal strength, though.
    All help greatly welcome. Thanks.

| Mon 28 Feb 2022 21:35:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Fudgemaster,

Welcome to the Humax forum. I don't use a FVP-5000T but use many Humax pvrs. But have you checked the settings menu for the RF output? It should be switched on & the default setting could be turned off? This provides tv signal from your aerial feed via FVP-5000T to tv's built-in tuner when your pvr is in standby mode & this works with all Freeview/Youview pvrs. Could be part/all of your problem.

The only other thought is maybe the "handshake" connection with your HDMI cable. Have you also tried plugging HDMI into another tv HDMI socket, or with your remote control making sure you have selected the correct HDMI device connected? Please let forum know how you get on/if you need more help. John L

| Tue 1 Mar 2022 17:08:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Just had a look at the instructions online (I was interested to find out for myself!) Have a look at your instruction on Page 27: check your power saving mode settings - this also relates to RF setting. John L

| Tue 1 Mar 2022 17:31:41 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.