My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T and Sony KD-55XG problems

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ardamine

When I route the co-ax through the FVP the Sony freezes about every 15 to 20 minuts for a few seconds and then continues on to the next freeze. If I plug the co-ax directly to TV everything fine.Any suggestions?

| Fri 14 Feb 2020 16:24:28 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ardamine - 13 mins ago  » 
    When I route the co-ax through the FVP the Sony freezes about every 15 to 20 minuts for a few seconds and then continues on to the next freeze. If I plug the co-ax directly to TV everything fine.Any suggestions?

Fit a TV splitter before the FVP-5000T. Use one output to feed the TV the other the FVP-5000T. Remove the coax patch lead from the 5000T to the TV.

It's likely to be Rf leakage from the HDMI cable affecting a poorly screened patch lead. Keep the TV feed well away from the HDMI connection from the 5000T to the TV.

| Fri 14 Feb 2020 16:40:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ardamine

Hi, thanks for that will try it and let you know the results.

| Fri 14 Feb 2020 19:04:56 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ardamine - 44 mins ago  » 
    Hi, thanks for that will try it and let you know the results.

If that works turn on power saving in standby. Over a year or so you will save a bit on your electricity bills, Supporting the RF loop through uses more power when the box is in full sby. Depending on your tariff it could be around £20:00 or so.

| Fri 14 Feb 2020 19:53:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dandand

I have a Sony KD 49XB and recently purchased a FVP 5000T The EPG doesn't populate completely and the picture freezes for short periods, sometimes more than others. Always worse at night time. I have tried contacting Humax and followed their suggestions of factory reset and manual tuning but no improvement.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 0:22:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ardamine

Hi,have tried separating the antenna inputs as suggested and everything now seems to be working fine. A longer period of use will prove whether that is the case or not.
    By the way have used the Humax antenna out to connect an old Panasonic box which seems to be working fine. That is Sky box, Humax box and Panasonic now all connected via HDMI to the TV and all seem to be working OK. Thanks for the suggestion and help.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 14:54:11 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.