My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T - Remote Recording Setup

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Icebun

I have been informed by Humax Direct that the ability to remote record is not possible via apple IOS yet.

In the meantime, I went to myhumax.net to register my device.

The web page requires the following information to:-

Registration Code (got this)
    4 digit User Code (cannot find this)

Q.
    How do I obtain this User Code? Is it the default security pin of 0000 is this something I make up etc?

Any advice would be helpful.

| Thu 7 Dec 2017 12:44:16 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Icebun - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Q.
    How do I obtain this User Code? Is it the default security pin of 0000 is this something I make up etc?
    Any advice would be helpful.

It is the code you use on the unit, when for instance factory reset, deleting a locked recording etc...the default is 0000(4 zeros) unless you have changed it.

| Thu 7 Dec 2017 12:59:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Icebun

Thanks Barry.

Don't suppose you know of the ETA for availability on the app for the Apple IOS devices?

| Thu 7 Dec 2017 13:48:09 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Icebun - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Barry.
    Don't suppose you know of the ETA for availability on the app for the Apple IOS devices?

Not heard anything recently. I'll ask next time I message Humax Towers.

| Thu 7 Dec 2017 14:05:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PES

fyi hope this helps: I set up a 5000T last weekend. Three of the remote apps are working on my IOS devices, they're not great but I have been able to programme remotely from the guide and check/amend the schedule, watch live tv and use the remote app. All over wifi, not tried via WAN as yet. Apart from getting the Reg code from the Humax, I set my own PIN during the process which the set up accepted.

One insight for other new users, I hadn't realised that the remotes have to be set up by registering on a different website : myhumax.net I had interpreted the manual incorrectly and thought the remote reg was carried out as part of the Warranty Registration process - wrong <:O|

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 8:54:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Icebun

PES - 13 hours ago  » 
    fyi hope this helps: I set up a 5000T last weekend. Three of the remote apps are working on my IOS devices, they're not great but I have been able to programme remotely from the guide and check/amend the schedule, watch live tv and use the remote app. All over wifi, not tried via WAN as yet. Apart from getting the Reg code from the Humax, I set my own PIN during the process which the set up accepted.
    One insight for other new users, I hadn't realised that the remotes have to be set up by registering on a different website : myhumax.net I had interpreted the manual incorrectly and thought the remote reg was carried out as part of the Warranty Registration process - wrong <:O|

So on my Android phone I installed both the TV Guide and Live TV apps.
    Early days but quite useful to setup remote recordings.

By the way, of the 2 apps mentioned, is the Live TV app the most up to date of the two?

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 22:17:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

obsolent

I do hope the IOS app is a step up from my humax.net. I would like
    1. To chose to display my own group - why on earth would I want to schedule programmes from channels we never watch?
    2. To see only one category - hd, radio etc - or even just films, drama, entertainment etc.
    3. To control the text format - this font is really difficult for my old eyes.
    And I hope it will remember my preferences
    That will do for a start!

| Sat 9 Dec 2017 8:41:22 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.