My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Fvp t4000 sudden recording problems.

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Hi! This week we’ve suddenly started getting failed recordings. There seems to be different reasons...

1. Two days in a row it’s ‘recorded’ a programme from 10.00-10.00. (Tue/wed)
    2. A different recording was from 22.00-22.03 (tue)
    3. Another was totally pixelated but had recorded in full. (Mon)
    4. Deleted it before I thought to check reason! But it weirdly seemed to have cancelled the series record too!
    5. Another failed one but when I went to see why just now, the entire recording has gone! Don’t remember deleting it though!

This recording failure has occasionally happened in the past but not so many in such a short time.
    We’ve had the box 4 or 5 yrs maybe. Usually ok but occasionally has problems....eg. had a spate of ‘restarting’ itself ...with the weird clicks of death....for a couple of weeks about a month ago. (Happened 4 times)
    I’m hoping someone might have some insight!! Please note, I’m not an expert so keep it simple!!

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 11:28:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Is there anybody out there?!
    Just checked some of the channels and quite a few have no/poo signal. It’s 11, 12, 21 (Dave, sky arts, puck, 5usa) plus others!
    Assume this may be part of the problem....but doesn’t cover problems 1&2!

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 20:00:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 3 hours ago  » 
    Is there anybody out there?!

I always hesitate when people say they want a simple answer.

Just checked some of the channels and quite a few have no/poo signal. It’s 11, 12, 21 (Dave, sky arts, puck, 5usa) plus others!
    Assume this may be part of the problem....but doesn’t cover problems 1&2!

I suggest you start off by doing an automatic retune with the Smart option off. Note that you will have to re-enter your schedule of future recordings so it might help to take photos of the current recording schedule.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 23:57:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Thanks Martin! The reason why I asked for a simple answer was because I’m not as techie as many people on these forums! I suppose I meant a simplified answer rather than an easy one! Though, obviously, an easy fix would be preferable!!
    I’ll try the retune.....it always worries me though as I’m never convinced I’ll get all the other channels back!

| Thu 11 Feb 2021 10:26:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 2 hours ago  » 
    I’ll try the retune.....it always worries me though as I’m never convinced I’ll get all the other channels back!

Make sure Smart retune is off. If you don't get a full range of channels then come back here and tell us what is missing and we can explain how to manually tune to get them.

| Thu 11 Feb 2021 12:34:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Aerial bloke came to check aerial....twas okish but when he plugged aerial back in.....we had no channels at all. No signal to the box whatsoever. Sigh. Getting aerial changed anyway cos it was over 30yrs old!
    Can watch recordings but no tv. I am bereft!

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 13:30:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

UPDATE......
    New aerial fitted. Bloke decided to try it in the humax, just in case....& it worked! Everything back! All channels returned and clear. Unsure if humax is still a bit dodgy or if it was all due to it not liking an analogue aerial any more! We shall see.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 14:39:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 4 hours ago  » 
    UPDATE......
    New aerial fitted. Bloke decided to try it in the humax, just in case....& it worked! Everything back! All channels returned and clear. Unsure if humax is still a bit dodgy or if it was all due to it not liking an analogue aerial any more! We shall see.

Glad it appears to be working, please keep us updated.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 19:27:25 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.