My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000t

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jane9341

My frst post so hope this is ok...

Realise our box is not new but its not old either - this has happened occasionally before but this week gradually more frequntly until until every swith on now: after a couple of minutes of switching on, and the TV programme showing fine, it has shuts off the programme and shows a message :

"The programme cannot be viewed via HDMI connection because your TV does not support digital content protection (HDCP). Disconnect HDMI cable and connect composite video connector to watch the programme in standard resolution."

Our TV is a newish Samsung and does support HCDP In the last few days it has intermittently failed to play recordings. After a week of this, yesterday there was no HDMI message and it played recordings fine. Today it wont and the HDMI message is back!

Humax support has said repace HDMI cable, and/or do the factory reset which wipes all recordings and programmimg, plus try it on another TV. I am fairy sure its not the TV, have tried the factory reset which leaves recordings intact as would like to save hubbys recordings of the Tour de France if poss!

Help! Anyone got a solution apart from chucking it away?!

| Thu 8 Aug 2019 20:00:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Is the recording you wish to preserve SD or HD ? If SD you can copy it to a PC.

You can buy drive cradles that you can remove the drive from the box and use free software to create a image of the Humax video recording partition on your PC. Re-install the drive in the Humax and do a full reset including the format. Pop the drive back into the cradle and restore the video partition. Photography your recording schedule first with a digital camera.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tccmebius-TCC-S862-UK-External-Docking-Station/dp/B075ZF845X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=sata+drive+cradle&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1565350148&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Have you tried using a different HDMI port on your TV ? Have you checked if a firmware upgrade is available for your TV ? Check the makers website support section.

| Fri 9 Aug 2019 12:31:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Recordings will only be deleted if you delete them using the machine's delete function in the recordings area or format the hard disk. A factory reset will wipe out the schedule so you have to reprogramme everything, as you do with a non-smart retune.

I keep getting the HCDP message for a few seconds then it goes away and the picture is normal. I tried doing a factory reset but it has made no difference. The tv is a Toshiba smart TV so it's hdmi compliant. I've had this with an FVP-4000T and an FVP-5000T, it's very annoying.

| Fri 9 Aug 2019 16:24:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jane9341

Thanks for all the advice, will see how it goes!

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 14:53:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dbedford

Humax just changes out my 5000T for the same issue...I asked them twice about the picture freeze with 75% strength and the only reply I got from Humax was to exchange it under warranty which I did..still have the same issue...perfect picture then 3 or 4 times an evening the picture freezes for a few seconds then all is back working.
    Oh Humax were also good enough to change my 1Tb version for a 500Gb model

| Sun 11 Aug 2019 20:06:39 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

batteryman - 2 days ago  » 
    Recordings will only be deleted if you delete them using the machine's delete function in the recordings area or format the hard disk. A factory reset will wipe out the schedule so you have to reprogramme everything, as you do with a non-smart retune.
    I keep getting the HCDP message for a few seconds then it goes away and the picture is normal. I tried doing a factory reset but it has made no difference. The tv is a Toshiba smart TV so it's hdmi compliant. I've had this with an FVP-4000T and an FVP-5000T, it's very annoying.

That's normal. During the HDCP handshake the two devices swap information as to what Video and audio the destination device supports. Say for instance the box is tuned to a HD channel and the box is outputting Dolby digital audio and the destination identifies DD is not supported, then the source will switch to output mpeg 1 layer 2 stereo. This is not instaneous.

changing the digital audio out from surround to stereo in the video and audio out settings may well sort it out.

Google EDID.

You could try and source a HDMI splitter that strips HDCP (mostly from Far East sources).

| Sun 11 Aug 2019 20:13:07 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.