My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000T unresponsive

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorses

Since getting the update 1.00.73 my box has started being unresponsive to the remote. It's as if it goes to sleep after a few minutes. I have to press the buttons on the remote 20+ times before the box finally recognises the input. Once it does respond it's OK for other presses until there's 5-10 minutes of inactivity. Then I get the same issue.
    I previously had the not waking from standby problem which seems to have been fixed, although as described above it takes many presses to wake it up. I have done a factory reset since the update - didn't make any difference.
    Anybody else seeing this issue?

| Wed 10 Feb 2016 13:09:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Just a thought have you tried changing the batteries in the remote ?. Sometimes the batteries go down quick on the Humax remotes, especially if they are cheap ones.

| Wed 10 Feb 2016 13:25:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorses

Swapped the batteries just in case. Made no difference although I did notice that the volume up/down works even though nothing else does.
    Decided to remove the HDMI and use composite for testing. Not sure this isn't still related to that issue.
    SD picture now seems appalling. I'm seriously jealous of the people here who claim no problems with the box. Functionally all the family like it, if it's a bit long winded sometimes.

| Thu 11 Feb 2016 20:16:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Is it still under guarantee ? if so if I were you I would take it back for a replacement. It does seem to developed a software issue. Also you could try contacting Humax first to see what they say.

| Thu 11 Feb 2016 23:52:49 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.