My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000Twont come out of recording mode

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorbj

Have had the FVP4000t for some months now with a few problems, mostly solved. A new one has now come to light, it will not come out of standby when recording, no amount of button pressing will change the state. The only way to get a response is to unplug power and start again. I have seen a reference to this problem somewhere on the forum but can't find it again. Does anybody have a helpful comment.

| Mon 15 Feb 2016 16:03:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try turning off whatever your TV calls it variant of cec control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#CEC

| Mon 15 Feb 2016 17:36:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorbj

I already have a CEC blocking link in the HDMI output which pretty much isolates the TV interaction.

| Mon 15 Feb 2016 21:18:07 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

When you try and boot the box is the analogue output working ? Have you the latest software installed ?

| Mon 15 Feb 2016 21:21:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorbj

Sorry I have not replied to your post. The problem seemed to resolve itself, but it happened again last night. I have a Freeseat TV [Samsung]and switching over to Humax input whilst it was recording another program resulted in a big black screen. No amount of button pressing would get an output from it, even when the recording had finished and the blue light was on it still would not give an output. It records the required program OK. The only way to return the output was to disconnect and reconnect the power lead. All I wanted to do was to switch to the pvr and watch the program being recorded from the its start, no go, resulted in wife commenting 'useless article'!!

| Wed 1 Jun 2016 10:27:45 #5 |
  6. graham uk

graham uk

special member

I'm new owner fo 4000T Freeview, but when recording the RED light stays on but I can still access EPG programs.

Just a pity Humax did not give us 3 lights Standby...Active...Recording.

graham uk

| Mon 13 Jun 2016 17:33:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorbj

My 4000t will still not come on to the TV when selected while it is recording a program a big blank black screen results. Only remedy is to unplug the unit from main power supply to reboot. I wonder what the software upgrade 1.01.34 Sept 6th actually did. The DNLA function via PC and Samsung pad still doesn’t work either. It appeared that the switching on to the TV whilst recording had been fixed as it worked for a while and then this last week went back to the original fault plus it now is very reluctant to select the ‘Home’ menu it just briefly flashes up then disappears, several selection are required to capture the ‘Home’ screen. I would be interested to find out if any other users are experiencing these problems or is my unit at fault.

| Tue 25 Oct 2016 15:32:56 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

it now is very reluctant to select the ‘Home’ menu it just briefly flashes up then disappears, several selection are required to capture the ‘Home’ screen.

That suggests to me that you are pressing the home button again before the unit has responded to initial press for home screen.

Try waiting a few seconds after first press of home button.

| Tue 25 Oct 2016 22:34:43 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr Moley

Yes. Have had similar problems. Whilst watching a recorded programme, sometimes the picture will freeze, the sound continue for a few seconds longer then the screen goes blank. The Humax switches off then restarts. Annoying enough but if you are also recording an item, this ceases and is lost. Have spoken to Humax a number of times and new update due Mon 31st Oct. What did they do on the 6th Sept one as no problems before then?

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 9:28:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

This has just happened to me again. The receiver wouldn't switch on until after the recording had finished.

| Sat 29 Oct 2016 13:24:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.