My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000 archiving to USB HDD, recordings display

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

redulike

I've read the sticky notes about this sort of topic, particularly the advise about taking care when deleting something you have copied to HDD.

I can follow the advice to use the Storage menu item to help select the desired location of the deletion but I find it isn't helping as all recordings, both on internal and external HDDs display together in one date-sorted list.

The only way I can see to be sure about which to delete is to play them in turn and watch if the external HDD light flashes regularly.

Does anyone else find the Storage choice 'correctly' gives them just either the internal OR the external programme lists?

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 13:41:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

iron

That Storage menu looks good until you select an entry which is on both the internal and external drives only to find that it helpfully shows you both with no way to differentiate the two.

The only 'solution' I have found to this problem and stop myself deleting the wrong file is to unplug the external drive before deleting anything. That way I cannot remove the copy of a programme I had intended to keep!

On the subject of external drives I mainly use large USB sticks (128GB) these days and mourn the loss of the flashing light which was so useful.

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 15:46:27 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.