My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T channel logos disappear

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Not sure if this is related to a post I read about on demand not being available but for me all the channel logos frequently vanish on the EPG, yet all other online content including the programme info thumbs is available. Router strength fine.

A reboot cures it but really shouldn’t be happening. Once loaded the box seems to cache them as they then appear right away.

| Wed 3 Jan 2018 23:46:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not happened on mine in weeks. Login to your router to check the last time it re-booted. It might be the router has issues.

You could also try setting a daily power on/off combination to populate the epg, the epg is known to be cleared during overnight housekeeping. It only get re-populated on tbe first boot after overnight housekeeping.

I have this set.

Settings - System Settings - Power On Timer

Time 07:00
    Channel 101 BBC ONE HD
    Volume 20
    Repeat Daily

Power Off Timer
    Time 07:15

If nothing else it avoids the delay in populating the epg on first boot.

| Thu 4 Jan 2018 11:16:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Worth a try then, I’ve set one up today for daily, and I’ve turned CEC off. The logos are still here at the moment.

I’ve not rebooted the router only because I did that last week when the logos disappeared before, although I also rebooted the Humax.

This week I just rebooted the Humax which brought them back, so I’ll see if they remain for longer now there’s a timer on.

| Fri 5 Jan 2018 20:46:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Unfortunately they’ve gone again. Network strength is full and everything else online works, plus another smart TV in the house which refreshes logos on startup is not affected, which points to this box.

| Sun 7 Jan 2018 17:07:20 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AJ - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Unfortunately they’ve gone again. Network strength is full and everything else online works, plus another smart TV in the house which refreshes logos on startup is not affected, which points to this box.

Login into your router and see when it last re-booted. Virgin had to replace my router which kept re-booting after a software upgrade with a newer model.

| Sun 7 Jan 2018 17:25:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Just rebooted tonight, logos came back straight away after box booted and ‘network connected’ showed.

Router says connection active for 111 hours so doesn’t look to have caused this recent disappearance.

| Mon 8 Jan 2018 20:52:14 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.