My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T not accessible over my network

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidrippon

I have enabled my recently purchased FVP5000T for access over my network and can see it as a network attached device from my Windows 10 PC. When I try to access it I get the following error message:

"\\FVP5000T:114 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to see if you have access permissions.

The parameter is incorrect."

I am trying to transfer video files from my PC to the internal drive of the FVP over my network - which the user manual says I should be able to do.

Anybody have a solution?

| Sat 29 Dec 2018 16:04:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Have you enabled the server in the 5000T settings?

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/file-transfer#post-41168

| Sat 29 Dec 2018 18:03:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidrippon

Yes - I think so - there is a menu item which claims to enable it but I don't get a specific option to enable it when I click on that menu item - it just gives me an option to set a time period so that I can access the hard drive even when the FVP5000 is in standby mode.

| Sat 29 Dec 2018 18:39:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

davidrippon - 5 hours ago  » 
    Yes - I think so - there is a menu item which claims to enable it but I don't get a specific option to enable it when I click on that menu item - it just gives me an option to set a time period so that I can access the hard drive even when the FVP5000 is in standby mode.

Within Advanced Setting, on the Server Management menu is the first item ('Network Server') set to 'On'.

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 0:26:03 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.