My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T OSG does not display correctly

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpars

My new FVP5000T has been working fine but today I can only see one screen of channels and shows Freeview play as soon as you try to move in the guide

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 12:01:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

timpars - 55 secs ago  » 
    My new FVP5000T has been working fine but today I can only see one screen of channels and shows Freeview play as soon as you try to move in the guide

Try putting it into standby and when the hard drive has stopped spinning, turn off the mains power for 10 seconds. the restart it and see if the problem has gone.

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 12:03:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpars

That has not made any difference I'm afraid.

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 12:16:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

timpars - 3 mins ago  » 
    That has not made any difference I'm afraid.

Next thing to try would be a reset to default settings; this will delete your schedule of future recordings and revert any settings you have changed to the original values but any recordings you have will be preserved.

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 12:20:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpars

Thanks Martin, this has done the trick, just a shame that it is not possible under these circumstances to save the schedule. I understand that channels may change but surely in this instance where the schedule will be the same and the channels will be the same after such a short time interval it would make sense to be able to recall the schedules. It's very tedious having to reprogram all the schedules

| Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:13:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

timpars - 37 mins ago  » 
    I understand that channels may change but surely in this instance where the schedule will be the same and the channels will be the same after such a short time interval it would make sense to be able to recall the schedules. It's very tedious having to reprogram all the schedules

I agree it is tedious having to reprogram the schedule. Doing a reset to default settings is an unusual activity; I don't think I have ever had to do one in the two years I have owned an FVP. The FVP does allow the schedule to be retained when a retune is needed which is an improvement on previous Humax boxes; however the implementation isn't very good and often leads to problems.

| Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:56:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Just for the record. I've had the 5000T less than a year and have needed to reset 3 or 4 times - possibly as a result of problems caused by accidentally pressing the Netflix button when my internet connection wasn't live. I've only used the smart retune once - and it was so smart I had to do a proper retune and reprogram the schedule. Never again!

| Tue 15 Sep 2020 17:42:23 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I photograph the recording schedule using a digital camera and display it on my laptop. Then by tapping in the channel number that moves to that channel in the epg at the current time near instantly. Even with a lot of recordings it doesn't take very long to rebuild the schedule. Just move to the next recording time slot and repeat.

However it should not be that difficult to restore the schedule from NVRAM or save it to file somewhere on the HDD. If you replace the HDD the existing schedule is still there. On other machines like the HDR-Fox-T2 with the custom firmware you can back up the schedule with a single button push and restore it after a reset with another single button push.

| Tue 15 Sep 2020 18:22:59 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

EEPhil - 41 mins ago  » 
    Just for the record. I've had the 5000T less than a year and have needed to reset 3 or 4 times - possibly as a result of problems caused by accidentally pressing the Netflix button when my internet connection wasn't live. I've only used the smart retune once - and it was so smart I had to do a proper retune and reprogram the schedule. Never again!

Who turns off there internet connection ? It should be live 24/7 assuming the isp hasn't got problems. Many of the boxes rely on it being connected overnight to carry out essential house keeping. The box clears the cached epg overnight,

A short wake up using a on timer and off timer with a 15 min gap. Reduces the first boot to a few seconds as the epg has already populated.

| Tue 15 Sep 2020 18:27:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

grahamlthompson - 26 mins ago  » 
    Who turns off there internet connection ? It should be live 24/7 assuming the isp hasn't got problems.

I do.
    Do you really think I'm going to leave PAYG mobile broadband connected via my laptop to the Humax all day and night? Not everyone has access to the equipment and broadband connections you have.

| Tue 15 Sep 2020 18:57:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.