My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T won't wake while recording - new S/W?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Yesterday I had recordings set for 7:00pm and 7:30pm both for one hour. Box was in standby. At 7:15 I attempted to switch on (out of standby) but no response either from the remote or the button on the box. Indicator showed red/blue indicating recording. At 8:30pm the recordings finished and the box came out of standby (blue indicator) "by itself" and continued to function normally - it seems my attempts to bring the box out of standby earlier had registered with the box but not actioned till recording stopped. I have the latest software which installed overnight last Friday. I have never experienced this problem before - has the new software release introduced a new bug perhaps? Before I pester the HUMAX folks can I ask please whether anyone else has seen this problem?

| Wed 29 Jul 2020 8:24:37 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not seen this. I will set up a test this morning and try waking the box while the recording is under way.

I have set This Morning ITV-HD 10:00 - 12:30 today. Box is in sby.

| Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:50:08 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The box woke up when I just tried. However as the recording was only 10 mins away it might not have gone into full sby.

I have an existing series recording at 15:00 this afternoon. There are no intervening recordings from end of current recording at 12:30 till 15:00. The box should therefore wake from full sby to make the 15:00 recording.

I will post after 15:00 today.

| Wed 29 Jul 2020 10:30:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Booted instantly at 15:15. Photograph your recording schedule and try a reset to factory defaults.

| Wed 29 Jul 2020 15:15:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    Booted instantly at 15:15. Photograph your recording schedule and try a reset to factory defaults.

Many thanks for that test. I'll keep testing my end - perhaps it was a glitch.

| Wed 29 Jul 2020 17:41:19 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GrahamRHK - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Many thanks for that test. I'll keep testing my end - perhaps it was a glitch.

I boot my 5000T and HDR-1000S every morning (there is nothing recording at that time). Both are connected to a AVR with 2 zone output. Lounge is zone 1, Kitchen is zone 2. I would not have seen this at any time.

I just switch between the two using the AVR remote. Either box can be sent to the Kitchen TV by simply switching zone 2 to either box.

If you want to try and replicate. Make a note of the channels involved.

I generally only record from 1 mux (The PSB-HD mux) though I do record our local SD BBC mux at lunchtime to get the local news.

I do though have a power on timer set at 07:00 daily and a power off at 07:15.

This replaces the cached epg (deleted every night), This may be why I can't replicate and the source of your issue. This results in a extended first boot time as the cached epg is rebuilt from the slow round robin on whatever mux you used last. And without tuner 1 would have to wait for the current recording to complete.

This would be the same on the previous software.

Suggest you try this.

| Wed 29 Jul 2020 19:14:54 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.