My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVPxxxx- reset without remote?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

maxhu

Hi,

Does anyone know if the FVP can be set to factory default without the remote? My remote has died. I've tried a Harmony remote, but I think the IR language /code set has been changed from default, but I can't change it on the Harmony without the original remote.argh!

I've tried contacting Humax, but the have only offered a new remote (for £30!). They won't cover the warranty as the item was. Christmas gift and I wasn't provided a receipt.

I've also tried the apps, but they don't seem think I am on the same network.

Is there any other way to reset or maybe send IR codes over LAN?

Thank you in advance.

| Thu 13 Jun 2019 14:25:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

maxhu

Does anyone have the discrete codes for power in code set 1 through 6? This should at let me calibrate my harmony.

Thanks!

| Fri 14 Jun 2019 12:12:14 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

You could try a search at remotecentral.com/ or there are some codes for mode 2 and mode 3 on earlier boxes at JP1 Remotes File Section but for OFA remotes.

| Fri 14 Jun 2019 13:12:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

maxhu

aldaweb - 5 days ago  » 
    You could try a search at remotecentral.com/ or there are some codes for mode 2 and mode 3 on earlier boxes at JP1 Remotes File Section but for OFA remotes.

Thanks for that! I tried them all with no success and also tried programming an old android tab with codes from another humax forum on to an android tablet with IR, but with no success.

Beginning to pull my hair out I have a perfectly good fvp with no way to use it.

I did find a button combination to load firmware but that doesn't seem to reset the IR language

| Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:31:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haggis54

Have you tried this? It may be the apps you're talking about? I've used it on phone and tablet a long time ago. Can't remember much but I'm sure it did enough
    HUMAX Remote by Humax
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/humax-remote/id669319570

| Wed 3 Jul 2019 15:56:29 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.