My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

German RTL tuning issues

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnscotty

For a little while I've had the Humax Foxsat HDR on an old sky dish with one LNB using the loop from the lineout to the second tuner. I have another dish that historically I've used on 19.2e with an old skybox tuned to German satellites to receive and record Formula One (during 2012 when the BBC went to half live). Last weekend I opted to put an extra LNB on the 19.2e dish to get 28e also. In typical fashion next doors' chimney and a roof level dividing wall scuppers the signal. (From the ladder, it looked like it would miss!)
    So back to a modification with the Humax box using the both the 19e and 28e dishes. For most of the time, the original configuration with a single line from the 28e is okay. Just at weekends for the Formula One would I need the 19e.
    Originally I did a factory reset with both dishes connected. I adjusted the settings to feature two antenna and tuned it in. In that mode, I am restricted when recording a single UK programme to watch any other UK channels (I presume limited by the single tuner).
    Basically, can I tune the Humax to feature all the UK channels on both tuners and then add the German channels on the 19 E dish on just one (or both) tuners?
    My second attempt with the original single LNB was okay, but then adding the German channels without deleting the original UK channels doesn't seem possible.
    The other option (though I'm not sure how the settings on the Humax box would work) is to use a line switch.
    Others will have set up for typically RTL viewing, does this present problems without having to reset the box and retune the channels to get to normal UK viewing operation during the week!
    Any tips would be most welcome.

Cheers

John

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 2:08:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You need to connect a two way diseqc switch to each tuner with one 28E and one 19E connected to each tuner. The tuners will then select the correct lnb for the channel it needs automatically.

If you use only 1 switch it must be on the tuner 1 input.

http://foxsat-hdr.wikispaces.com/DiSEqC

http://foxsat.wikispaces.com/Setting+up+DiSEqC

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TECHNOMATE-TM-2S-DISEQC-SWITCH-2X1-/271157519675?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3f223f653b

Adding the custom firmware will allow you to view (and set up manual recording timers) for 19E without leaving freesat mode.

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 10:43:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnscotty

Thanks Graham

After posting last night I had picked up the a diseqc may be the way to go. The links to the instructions give me the full details to make it easy.

Cheers

John

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 11:27:24 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.