My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Getting things on my computer/web to tv via Foxsat PVR

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I have read the guide and am confused, whether it is possible to show items on the web, such as YouTube videos or other streams, and items stored on my computer like photos on my TV via the PVR.

Can I make use of the USB port for instance for input, outputting to the TV via HDMI or SCART?

BBC and ITV Players are already installed through HomePlugs, but lack of available power sockets and suchlike seems to go against that way or a wired connection from the computer on first floor and the downstairs lounge. TV is normal 4 y.o. non-smart LCD.

Can it be done, or am I tilting at windmills?

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 12:35:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A qualified Yes the box has built in capability to play back MP3 audio and jpeg pictures stored on a usb device. Video file playback is a bit more complicated as the box needs 2 extra support files in addition to the transport stream file with the audio and video. AV2HDR will create the appropriate files.

Installing the Custom Firmware makes this a lot easier as the internal drive is available via the LAN port.

The box has no capability to input streaming video via usb or from any other source (other than the built in vod services) and view it on a TV.

A seperate media streamer like the WD TV Live box is what you need.

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 12:48:55 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.