My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Goes to sleep

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimJ

Nothing more annoying than to go away for a few days and come back to find that scheduled programme(s) not recorded. Suspect that problem may be connected to failure to restart.

| Fri 5 May 2017 9:50:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

I have the same problem, machine replaced under guarantee but problem persists. Just got back from four days away and none of the recordings was made, but bizarrely, the storage directories were set up, just empty.

I used the forum to investigate and didn't get any solutions that solve the problem.

Have tried factory resets, software is latest version, have tried all power saving options and padding out recording times without success.

So good luck, I think my machine is useless if I have not switched on or used the remote control for a day. Puts me off buying another Humax PVR.

| Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:45:24 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

NeilD - 5 mins ago  » 
    I have the same problem, machine replaced under guarantee but problem persists. Just got back from four days away and none of the recordings was made, but bizarrely, the storage directories were set up, just empty.
    I used the forum to investigate and didn't get any solutions that solve the problem.
    Have tried factory resets, software is latest version, have tried all power saving options and padding out recording times without success.
    So good luck, I think my machine is useless if I have not switched on or used the remote control for a day. Puts me off buying another Humax PVR.

Set a power timer to wake the box at 08:00 - 08:30 BBC 1-HD Max volume. That should repopulate the epg every morning.

What's the highest channel number (lcn) in your epg ?

| Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:52:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

That was one of the things I tried that was unsuccessful.

I have tried that, tried setting the machine to switch on at 1800 ready for the evening recordings, tried leaving the PVR on permanently, stopped the power saving mode in standby, stopped the automatic power down if the remote is not used for 3 hours - all failed.

What puzzles me is why only a few of us report this problem, why does my machine decide I am on holiday and fail to record - sometimes the recording is a fixed 42 minutes out of the hour plus long preset record event, sometimes zero and then as most recently, failed completely.

We have actually had the problem with three HDR 2000T machines, the second one was having the same problems then failed completely and, like the original, was replaced under guarantee so we are actually on our third.

I have become so frustrated by the HDR 2000T that if there was an alternative PVR supplier with the same spec.I would scrap it.

| Mon 14 Oct 2019 16:41:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

Regarding channel numbers, the highest number in our EPG is 818, the highest mux is 59.

This question reminds me there is another problem with our HDR 2000T, the tuner is ultra-sensitive so when auto tuning, the PVR picks up the ITV etc. PSB2 mux from the Bluebell Hill transmitter and puts that in it's channel list, ignoring the subsequently found much better quality and signal strength of the Dover transmitter which is what our high gain aerial looks at - Bluebell Hill is 90 degrees off line!

The net result is that I have to manually re-tune everything on the mux which is a tedious procedure (the manual procedure fails unless you delete the channel first)OR wait for a day when the signal from Bluebell Hill is poor due to atmospheric conditions - not an option when we have to re-tune on Wednesday because of more tinkering with Freeview. So I will waste more time getting round a Humax problem of it not picking the best signal for a mux, simply the first it comes across.

| Mon 14 Oct 2019 16:55:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

NeilD - 1 hour ago  » 
    This question reminds me there is another problem with our HDR 2000T ...

It may be connected to some of the way the issue manifests for you and not be totally seperate.

NeilD - 1 hour ago  » 
    Regarding channel numbers, the highest number in our EPG is 818

NeilD - 1 hour ago  » 
    .. I have to manually re-tune everything on the mux which is a tedious procedure

The Freeview multi tuner Humaxes are poor at tuning. For some locations the auto-tune can result in a tuned state that the Humax can then not easily cope with, and the resulting symptoms of this are not usually obvious. If you are manually tuning to a state that the Humax can easily cope with then you would never get any channels in the 800 range.
    See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336
    It gets a lot easier the second time you need to accurately retune a freeview Humax.

| Mon 14 Oct 2019 19:15:14 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.