My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Good quality cables are the answer

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Biggles - 14 hours ago  » 

Faust - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Biggles - In signal quality and signal strength mode on the Panasonic TV all channels which share a frequency e.g. 530 MHz CH(68) are displayed in this fashion with the channel ident above. I believe this mux to be COM6. None of the channels on the frequency are listed as CH(28) as per your post - all are CH(68).

The reason I said you'd written 68 but meant 28 is because UHF channel 28 is 530MHz which you also mention in your first post. All UHF channels above 60 were withdrawn for TV use to make way for the new mobile network (or whatever it is).

I stand corrected - you are right. However, I too was right (sort of). I have my channel update message switched off so haven't updated channels for ages. I have done an update since reading your post and CH68 is now being displayed as CH28.

I just wish I had taken a screen shot prior to updating to prove I wasn't imagining it.

| Wed 24 Feb 2016 14:21:41 #11 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Faust - 3 hours ago  » I stand corrected - you are right. However, I too was right (sort of). I have my channel update message switched off so haven't updated channels for ages. I have done an update since reading your post and CH68 is now being displayed as CH28.
    I just wish I had taken a screen shot prior to updating to prove I wasn't imagining it.

You would have seen that UHF channel 68 is 850MHz not 530MHz although 850MHz is now a 4G frequency. I guess the TV must have retained the now defunct channel 68 number. However all sorted now with a retune, I'm sure there'll be another required in a few days time.

| Wed 24 Feb 2016 18:18:19 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.