My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Green screen cure leading to box failure

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

scouser

My screen was turning green. Humax suggested a factory reset, followed by unplugging the HD cable and plugging it in whilst TV on. This has worked. However, since that, and not all the time, the picture comes on, but no sound, and then after a few seconds, screen goes blank. Only way to get it back on is to switch off at back of box for a while even that does not work every time. Box is a couple of years old.

| Thu 6 Jun 2013 9:43:58 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Have you tried using another HDMI cable?

| Thu 6 Jun 2013 10:18:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

scouser

Not yet. The problem has resolved itself!

| Tue 18 Jun 2013 8:57:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Humax have a problem with hdmi handshaking and won't work with one of my displays here whereas all my other equipment has no problem.

Constantly siwtching on/off at the back and/or unplugging the hdmi cable won't do it any good over time.

You can spend a fortune on hdmi cables or pick one up for a couple of pounds. Have you tried toggling through the v-format button from the remote?

If it happens again, and I'm sure it will, and the v-format doesn't help, do a factory reset, you won't lose your recordings, but you will lose the schedule so take a note if you haven't already got the custom firmware installed. I'm guessing you chose 1080i on initial install, this time choose 720p or a lower resolution if necessary (you'll be able to change this later with v-format) and setup as normal.

If this still doesn't help and you don't have a spare hdmi cable to try as previously advised then spend a couple of pounds on a new cable as constantly switching on/off and unplugging will take its toll, its not a cure, and probably will lead to box failure over time.

| Wed 19 Jun 2013 3:33:13 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

All I do to force it to handshake again is switch away from then back to the HDMI input on the TV (actually on the switch box I use).

I get this only when the Foxsat is already fully on. If it is in standby or recording standby then turning it on with the TV already looking at it always works.

| Wed 19 Jun 2013 10:52:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

I've been having the green screen problem when switching from tv to foxsat. Changing channels on the foxsat always fixed it bar one time when I had to reboot the box. Is the cure simply a better hdmi cable? I spent 20quid on this one.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 22:29:39 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.