My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Green Screen - long term fix?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tlynch86

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum so forgive me if i am going over old ground.

I specifically joined this forum because I have now started to experience the dreaded green screen. I have read a lot about this just through Google searches and it seems to be a very common problem. I have got in touch with the seller of my box to see if i can send for a replacement but i thought i should post here as i have a couple of questions:

-Is there a sure fire long term fix for this problem? (I have seen fixes that are short term like cycle though V-format button, buy new scart lead, turn off and on, change sequence of turning TV and Box on. I have tried them all and they only last for a couple of hours at the most before the problem comes back.

- Have Humax acknoledged this issue at all? If so are they working on a fix for it?

- I do love the HDR Fox T2 but if i get a replacement is this problem very likely to happen again because ill just get my money back and try a different brand

Thanks

Tom

| Wed 31 Jul 2013 11:27:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tlynch86 - 44 minutes ago  » 
    - I do love the HDR Fox T2 but if i get a replacement is this problem very likely to happen again because ill just get my money back and try a different brand

Start off by telling us how old your HDR is, what version of software it is using and the make and model of TV.

| Wed 31 Jul 2013 12:12:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gb1

I have Foxsat HD Recorder and had green screen problems with my Panasonic TV.
    After nearly giving up and getting a new box I have finally found a solution that works for me.
    1. Make sure box and TV are off.
    2...Turn on Humax first.
    3. Make sure that the box goes past Boot and shows a TV channel on its display.
    4. Then turn on TV.
    Hope this works for others with this problem.

| Thu 1 Aug 2013 14:57:33 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.