My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Green screen of - well not very well for a bit

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

simonkbike

Switched on the HDR2000T today and got a blank green screen, then no response to any buttons on facia or remote. Left it a minute but no change so unplugged power for 1 min and then plugged back in.
    This time it flashed up the logo, then powered down and wouldn't come out of standby (red power light) again no response to facia or remote.
    Repeated the power off, this time leaving it a bit longer but as I wanted to watch the news I replaced the power lead just to activate the aerial pass-through. 5 mins later it powered up from the remote fine and dandy as if nothing wrong.
    Are these symptoms of something going wrong or do I ignore and wait til it dies.
    NB coming up to end of warranty so I'd like to force the issue if it's going to go belly-up.
    Cheers,
    Simon.

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 18:07:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

STRAT71

Another post with no answers. Does any Humax representative actuall visit ths site?

| Mon 27 Jun 2016 14:33:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

STRAT71 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Another post with no answers. Does any Humax representative actuall visit ths site?

NO! I found the pass-thru very flaky with my 2000T and would get all sorts of handshake issues, which sounds like you are having some. The box was originally manufactured without pass-thru so the fix is retro fit software based and I have always thought not 100% successful.

I use a passive splitter - £1.89 Maplins. Two minutes to fit and never had an issue since.

| Mon 27 Jun 2016 14:37:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

STRAT71 - 3 hours ago  » 

This is an independent site where users try to help other users. I think the days when Humax representatives engaged in discussion with users on Forums have long gone. If you want support from Humax then best to telephone them.

| Mon 27 Jun 2016 18:00:24 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.