My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Green screen problem, what will be wrong?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, I have only had my unit for about 1 month, it's been fine up to now but something odd happened last night and i hope it's not going to happen a lot

I set some recordings and turned the unit off and went out, when i come back in, one program was still recording, i decided to turn the tv and unit on and start watching one of the recordings and was greeted with a green screen. I unplugged the hdmi cable and put it in another port in the tv, this didn't help, I also tried turning the unit on and off by the remote, this also didn't work, no menu's would appear either.

In the end i turned the unit off by the switch in the middle of it recording, after i turned it back on it seemed fine, i put a recording on and it seems to have also recorded fine.

Does anyone know why this would have happened, is the unit faulty? and is it likely to happen again?

Thanks

James

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 9:44:27 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

I have seen the green screen but like you usually when a recording is on and I decide to turn the TV on and watch what is being recorded. I found this was only an issue with the stock firmware, I dont see it with the custom firmware. The custom firmware also allows you to run a disk check, which I would think about doing given what you say in your post.

Andy

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 11:05:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Cheers Andy, that sounds good, does putting the custom fw on void the warranty?
    and what other changes are in the custom fw?

Can you point out where i get it?

My unit is running the most recent release fw.

James

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 11:27:10 #3 |
  4. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

If it happens again try cycling through the resolutions with the v-format button on the remote. This seems to re-sync the hdmi connection.

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 11:52:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

thanks for the replies, i will try v-format if it happens again.

i have managed to also put the latest custom fw on as well, i can't really see any changes or how it's different though from just having a quick look around the menu's.

Is it better for my above issue in general, was there something added to the custom fw that helps?

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 9:25:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

james_uk - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Is it better for my above issue in general, was there something added to the custom fw that helps?

Not as far as I know. You will only get any benefit from the custom firmware if you use a web browser to access its user interface. It is important to understand that it doesn't replace the standard firmware, it works alongside it to give extra functionality.

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 9:31:19 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.