My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Guide button sometimes turns my unit & tv off?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, I have a 5000T which i am generally happy with the unit.

I have a Samsung ks9000 TV and Samsung sound bar which all come on when i turn any device on via the hdmi-cec, although sometimes this doesn't always go smoothly and sometimes the sound bar doesn't come on so i have to restart it all again, but that’s a separate issue lol

I find that sometimes i will turn my unit on, which is fine, then after a bit if i press the guide or freeview button everything will turn off, just as if i had pressed the standby button.

I'm really not sure why it's doing that, it doesn't do it loads but enough for it to be annoying.

Any suggestions at all i really don't know what to try to fix it, i can imagine nothing is actually broken.

I had to pair my Samsung TV remote up to be used on all devices, so not sure if it could be something to do with that?

Thanks

James

| Sun 17 Mar 2019 10:39:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

james_uk - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, I have a 5000T which i am generally happy with the unit.
    I have a Samsung ks9000 TV and Samsung sound bar which all come on when i turn any device on via the hdmi-cec, although sometimes this doesn't always go smoothly and sometimes the sound bar doesn't come on so i have to restart it all again, but that’s a separate issue lol
    I find that sometimes i will turn my unit on, which is fine, then after a bit if i press the guide or freeview button everything will turn off, just as if i had pressed the standby button.
    I'm really not sure why it's doing that, it doesn't do it loads but enough for it to be annoying.
    Any suggestions at all i really don't know what to try to fix it, i can imagine nothing is actually broken.
    I had to pair my Samsung TV remote up to be used on all devices, so not sure if it could be something to do with that?
    Thanks
    James

Try changing the 5000T remote control code set

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Sun 17 Mar 2019 10:45:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Thanks Graham, just tried that quick now and set to mode 2.

is it right that the smart tv remote will stop being able to function with the 5000t.

first thing ive noticed changing to mode 2 as the guide no longer comes up using the smart remote but the humax remote seems fine.

or would i need to re-programme the smart remote?

| Sun 17 Mar 2019 10:59:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

james_uk - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham, just tried that quick now and set to mode 2.
    is it right that the smart tv remote will stop being able to function with the 5000t.
    first thing ive noticed changing to mode 2 as the guide no longer comes up using the smart remote but the humax remote seems fine.
    or would i need to re-programme the smart remote?

I guess that's because the TV remote is only capable of using the Humax default mode of 1. With some units a Harmony remote can emulate the Humax different codes. Eg The 4000T device but not strangely a 5000T. Not that it matters the 4000T device works just fine with a 5000T.

| Sun 17 Mar 2019 11:11:49 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.