My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

H3 espresso keeps losing connection to fvp 5000t

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissi2k

Can anyone please help me? I bought the fvp 5000t and the h3 together around 4 weeks ago after cancelling my sky q subscription thinking this would be the perfect substitute, my problem is that the live TV app on the H3 randomly loses connection to the fvp 5000t every single day sometimes more than once. I have to switch the fvp 5000t off at the wall and wait 30secs then the h3 is able to connect again, I've tried switching the fvp server on and off but this doesn't always work so I have to switch off at the wall. I've tried humax support who told me they'll need to replicate the fault so won't be able to help me until they find out what the problem is and said it wouldn't be a quick fix. In the meantime I'm left extremely frustrated trying to watch TV in another room with it keep losing connection, funnily enough I can still access the TV guide and the recordings but it just shows a message saying sorry no channels available when I try and watch the live TV, has anyone else had the same problem and found a fix?

| Thu 20 Dec 2018 21:38:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jprs2

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. The H3 just says “channel not available” (and the LiveTV app incidentally attempts to connect, then just hangs with the progress bar at the end). Solved each time by rebooting the 5000 at the mains. Turning the server off and on is not enough. Does it every day. Was hoping the 1.03.47 5000 software would cure it but it hasn’t.

Am almost about to fit a timer switch to the 5000 to restart it every night.

Very frustrating. Makes the H3 useless for what it was intended to do.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 23:29:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissi2k

Its so frustrating. If you haven't already please could you contact humax directly and report the fault as its been 2 years since they knew about this problem and they still haven't found a resolution, I just don't think they're prioritising the problem so the more people complain the better. I've spoke to a few people on other forums and they all have the same problem. I've ended up using the TVPlayer app instead but had to update it to get the current version that has the TV guide etc, I just use the basic package so its free and I also downloaded all the catch up apps like BBC iPlayer, ITV hub etc and I can still access the recordings from the live TV app even though I can't watch any channels so you could try that if your struggling.

| Thu 17 Jan 2019 10:42:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jprs2

Ok, so I contacted Humax support, and eventually they got back to me. Went through several things I’d tried before, but I think it is cured now. Here’s what I think worked for me.

1. Reset to factory settings - this will delete your schedule so take a photo to renter later
    2. Set the following settings:

Network server on
    Activation time 00:01-23:59
    Samba server on
    FTP server on
    (I’m not convinced those last two are needed)
    Automatic power down ON

I think this last one is the most important,
    I’d always had it set up with auto power down off.

I suspect allowing it to switch off each day may reset something .

Has worked for over a week for me now.

| Thu 31 Jan 2019 22:32:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissi2k

Thanks but I tried all this before and my h3 doesn't find the recorded programmes when my ftp server is set to on. I do also have my automatic power down set to off so I will try and see if switching it on makes a difference for me. Did you do a full factory reset on the fvp or the partial one where it still keeps the recorded programmes but resets everything else? Did you do a factory reset on the h3 also?

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 11:16:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jprs2

Just the partial reset of the FVP. Am convinced the H3 isn’t the problem becaus the Live TV app does the same thing, thus pointing to the server being the issue. I didn’t reset the H3

I think the key is the auto power off. I dont think the ftp server matters.

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:07:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissi2k

OK so I did the partial reset and switched the automatic power down to on and now the h3 is no longer showing the recordings so I switched the ftp server to on and still no recordings. Is yours definately showing the recordings on the h3?

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 13:00:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissi2k

Fixed it, I removed the channel source and reconnected it to the fvp and now the recordings are showing again. I'll update if mine stays on or not. Thank you for your help.

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 14:50:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissi2k

Just a quick update, my h3 has lost connection again. Glad yours is still working, I just wish I knew how to fix mine.

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 20:19:59 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.