My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

H3 refusing to talk to anything but Netflix

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Callan

I have just installed a FVP500t and a H3 espresso to replace my ageing but servicable Freesat. Despite fruitless attempts and a change of machine at Humax suggestion teh H3 and FVP won't ta;k to each other.Both machines are on wifi and say they are connected to the router and the internet. Interrogating the computer and the router shows both machines are there and working correctly. The H3 will only display Netflix app and the settings options. It won't connect to the update server and the time is a random switch on time. Are ther any settings on the router which might be causing the problem. The router is a technicolour TG589vac. Internet supplier says "nothing wrong here", Humax can only offer the standard manual instructions. I have factory reset everything several times. Regards

| Wed 21 Nov 2018 21:04:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

Have a look here:

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/h3-espresso-recordings-playback-freezing-closing.8960/

I had a similar problem. It was the router causing problems.

| Thu 22 Nov 2018 11:28:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Callan

Thanks for the info. I have followed your suggestion and it appears that it could be a poor product not performing as advertised. Many reports of similar issues., wish I'd checked here before spending hours on resets and frutless conversations. My H3 won't even talk to the update server even though everything says it it correct. Sending it back for a refund as I can't waste anymore time on it. Shame as the concept is good.

| Fri 23 Nov 2018 18:14:44 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.