My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

handset reset

(12 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I thought I read sometime that there is a technique to reset the handset. But I cannot find it. Could anyone suggest something ?

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 11:36:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Depends what you mean by reset. Removing the batteries and pressing buttons to discharge the stored energy may be what you mean. You can also change the ir channel the remote uses.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 11:45:15 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thinking of this post perhaps:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/foxsat-hdr-no-longer-working?view=all#post-516

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 12:00:59 #3 |
  4. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 9 hours ago  » 
    Depends what you mean by reset. Removing the batteries and pressing buttons to discharge the stored energy may be what you mean. You can also change the ir channel the remote uses.
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

this the one thx...It didn't work, so new handset is next..

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 20:58:42 #4 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

this the one thx...It didn't work, so new handset is next..

I need to press the buttons several times in order to send a command. I notice that there is no flash from the unit, so I am assuming it's malfunctioning. However if someone knows about these units I would be happy to take advice. Or is it in fact, reached it's sell by date !!

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 13:15:20 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This may help

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-control-rm-f01-ok-button-erratic-operation

You might like to consider one of the cheaper end logitech harmony programmeable remotes.

If you install the custom firmware you can control the box from a PC, smartphone or tablet (more or less anything with a web browser).

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 13:23:04 #6 |
  7. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

For anyone else attempting this, I can confirm that the instructions that GT referred to work perfectly ! One cautionary note that I would add, is this. When putting the unit back together make sure the battery contacts are not trapped under the cover as happened in my case. After assembly the unit failed to work at all ...I inspected thoroughly and discovered and one of the battery contacts had been trapped and therefor was not making contact. Corrected this and remote now seems to work again, perfectly. Thanks to everyone for there help and suggestions.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 8:28:17 #7 |
  8. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 days ago  » 

If you install the custom firmware you can control the box from a PC, smartphone or tablet (more or less anything with a web browser).

I meant to answer this and forgot...I do have the custom firmware installed and I think it's great, however since the Olympic update I am unable to access the webased EPG using this firmware. It used to be very useful. I wonder if there is a fix.

| Wed 26 Sep 2012 13:30:35 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sloppyjoe - 21 minutes ago  » 
    I do have the custom firmware installed and I think it's great, however since the Olympic update I am unable to access the webased EPG using this firmware. It used to be very useful. I wonder if there is a fix.

The version of the custom firmware needs to match the Humax software version so you need to install the latest version of the custom firmware

| Wed 26 Sep 2012 13:53:52 #9 |
  10. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

The version of the custom firmware needs to match the Humax software version so you need to install the latest version of the custom firmware

I was quite sure that I had installed the 4.0.8 version, so I did it again, and it still does the same thing..No EPG,,gives this error

Runtime Error: /opt/var/mongoose/lib/epg.class:583: no such table: epg in procedure 'epg' called at file "epg7day.jim", line 53 at file "/opt/var/mongoose/lib/epg.class", line 583

| Wed 26 Sep 2012 14:45:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.