My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

hard drive not detected

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I have a perfectly operating HDR1800T with one exception It will not detect the hard drive. it goes through the setup procedure, tunes channels, updates etc but it will not record , pressing the record button has no response and in the menu if you go to hard drive related options they are greyed out, I have even swopped the hard drive with one from an operating machine to no avail.
    I also tried the factory reset but it sits on "Progressing" forever presumably because it cannot access the hard drive to format.
    My question is is this likely to be fixable or is it a question of having to replace the unit.
    I also have a HDR 1000S with the same problem, everything operates as it should except if the function has anything that requires access to the hard drive

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 7:49:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

In respect of your 1000S you are not alone. Look thru these forums and there are multiple reports of this problem, ongoing from Nov 2015 and under investigation by Humax. First time I've seen it reported in the 1800T.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 13:00:19 #2 |
  3. EzioAlditore

EzioAlditore

I have experienced loss of hard drive on my HDR 1800T. I only purchased the machine recently and all seemed fine for a couple of weeks. Then one time I turned it back on (from standby) tried to watch a recording and had no hard drive access. I powered it off/on, still no luck, then powered off/on, still couldn't access recordings and out of desperation pressed the 'record' button and it actually started recording. Next day I had the same problem coming out of standby and pressing 'record' again gave me hard drive access. Since then it's been OK, but I now leave the machine powered on for fear of a repeat !!

The trick with pressing the 'record' button is to not have done other things like change channel before hand, just press record as the first thing you do after switching on. It was something I read on the internet, but it may have been elsewhere on the net as a quick search of this site I can't seem to see that thread here.

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 21:27:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have had this issue a number of times with its larger sibling the 2000T. What appears to trigger it with mine is using the timer to bring it out of standby.

I don't think I've seen the issue re-emerge since using the remote to bring it out of standby. Pulling the plug for a few minutes would always cure the problem.

| Wed 22 Jun 2016 10:57:56 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.