My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Hard Drive not Found

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

voxmagna

I gave my new T2 its latest .20 firmware update and it has been working pretty fair with just a few glitches that need sorting.

Then yesterday I brought the box out of standby and up pops the screen 'Format hard Drive'

I had several hours of recordings on the drive, but now there was no access to any recordings or the chase feature. The resident drive was reported as all zeros in the drive size and capacity table.

Rather stupidly I did what the screen said, entered the service mode and hit re-format. When I re-booted from standby, the format drive message still popped up ???

Then I switched off the mains and restarted. This time the HDD drive was recognised with its full capacity, but I'd lost all my saved recordings.

Has anybody else had this happen? I wish I hadn't done the reformat first as the screen message instructed. I can't say if turning the mains off and back on would have restored the presence of the drive and kept my saved recordings.

If this is the case, I would rather the instruction had said 're-power the box', rather than take the critical step of erasing past recordings.

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 12:06:19 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.